Recommend me a good console platformer

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Faded Spinner, Oct 26, 2011.

1. I'm looking for a good platform game that I could blaze to and get lost in. I'm more concerned with cool eye candy and ease of control than how challenging it is. The last good platformer I played was the original Ape Escape on PS1! That's how long I've been out of the loop.

I recently moved and don't have a system, so I'm willing to go out and buy one if the game and future titles are promising. I hear Mario Galaxy 2 is good?...

2. Since you mentioned Super Mario, which I'm always a fan of. Check out Sonic Colors its a decent game on the Wii.

I think games are hard to peg, what some love others cant stand. :rolleyes:

3. You absolutely have to play Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube. Something about the tropical atmosphere hooked me from day one and I can confidently say its in my top 3 games of all time.

4. Iono if it's a platformer, but uncharted was one of my most recent favorites. Racket and clank is also good. Hack and slash with god of war?

5. Jak and Dexter? Ratchet and Clank? Crash Bandicoot? Super Mario?

6. Little big planet. One of the best games to play while high as fuck.

7. what system do you have?

ms. sploision man is good

8. I sold off my old consoles years ago, looking to get back. After taking suggestions and reading around, looks like the Wii is the system of choice..

9. Fuck no don't get a Wii are you crazy...geta 360

10. Dantes inferno has some badass eye candy

11. [quote name='"FuckBeerGetWeed"']

Fuck no don't get a Wii are you crazy...geta 360[/quote]

The 360 has really shitty platformers compared to the wii. Get a wii.

12. wii is nice because you can hack it for educational purposed only...which I do not condone