Recommend me a game for the 360

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by smokeandmirrors, Feb 2, 2009.

1. I love FPS games. My fave is the Rainbow 6 franchise and I liked COD 4 & 5 too.

Can anyone recommend anything as good as R6 or COD on the 360?

If it's a 2 player co-op split screen then even better!

2. Resident Evil 5 is coming soon. in couple weeks.

How about graw 2, L4D, BF:Bad company...........

3. Gears of War 2, the multiplayer is sick with 2 player there are diffrent modes and bots. The co-op is tight too, but its worth buying no doubt.

4. Left4Dead.

Definitely one of 360's best FPS's and online games at the moment.
    Plus it's the only 360 game where you can do split-screen on Live.

5. okay thanks - i rented L4D and didnt like it which was surprising because it's Ubisoft and I love their games on the whole - i'm not a GTA fan at all and L4D has too much driving around in like GTA

I prefer stealth games like R6 where you creep around killing terrorists but i've exhausted those

RE5 sounds interesting though

6. #6 mimomontalvo, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    street fighter 4...not a fps, but something different ...fps get boring after a while

7. Huh?

Left4Dead isn't a Ubisoft game and there is 0 driving in it..

What game were you playing?

8. lolz :smoking:

9. Just dont pay 60 bucks for Left 4 Dead, they really got lazy when it came to the graphics. I mean the whole game looks ugly, and yes it is cool that zombies spawn randomly but really its not that impressive and the game is utterly boring unless you have a good group of people playing. sorry for the rant

10. That isn't L4D. L4D is created by valve!
    maybe you're thinking FAR CRY 2

11. Man I don't know which sweet games you've been playing but in terms of Xbox 360 Left4Dead is currently one of the best multiplayer games to play. It is definitely better to play online than Gears of War 2 and a great deal less frustrating than Call of Duty..

I assume you've only played the co-op mode of it if you think it is boring without a good group of people..Because in versus if you don't have a good group of people it makes it even more intense and absorbing because you have to deal with stupid-as-shit teammates while attempting to keep yourself alive.

The graphics were tuned down because of the INNUMERABLE amounts of AI that spawn throughout the game as to not slug the game down in terms of FPS.

12. Okay, okay so they tune down the graphics to so they can put more zombies in that do that exact same movement everytime (whatever that clawing shit is) And you shoot them the same way everytime. You get like 6 guns throughout the entire game that just doesnt seem fair for such a short game and such a crappy looking game!

13. #13 abnormldood, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
    Best games I've played(I only play online) are Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, Skate 2 and Saints Row 2. I've been meaning to check out Fallout 3, I heard it's got a lot of DLC and it's freaking huge.

Edit: Why do people only rate games on graphics? Left 4 Dead is a great game, don't hate. The online play keeps me busy for hours. If it were rated on graphics, everyone who owns a 360 would be playing FarCry 2. Too bad it blows asschunks because of the gameplay.

14. How can you call the game short exactly?
    Its main purpose was made for online versus play..which is where the majority of players are..
    The game was set up as one of the best co-op FPS games ever created.

You probably just need to stop playing the game solo.
    Play it with friends, some as zombies and others as humans..
    And you'll see why the game is so much fun.

Tactics to the extreme!

15. You won't change his mind. If people can't realize a good game when it comes out, then they are asleep and won't wake up. Haha.

L4D dead is a fun game, I have only played it a handful of times because I don't have the funds to buy it. But it is extremely fun. And even better when you are baked.

As said, RE5 will be a good game and it has co-op. But it is third person.

There really aren't any other good FPS shooters out right now...

If you like fighting games the Street Fighter IV won't disappoint.

I could also recommend Skate 2 if you like skating games, it is very fun.

Dead Space is suppose to be a good game to play I've heard, but is a little on the short side people have said.

16. Fallout 3 is nasty. ive beat it twice and each time i play it the story line changes because you can do anything you want in that game.

17. Castle Crashers that game is fun as hell