recommend me a beginner's strain please

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by retrogamer, Sep 21, 2008.

1. First time grower, and i know bugger all about different weed strains:rolleyes:. I'm looking for a strain that's fairly easy to grow, not too expensive as i may mess it up. Preferably an Indica strain.

Also, as I'm growing rather covertly, if possible a less smelly strain?

As for the high (if possible) a social and more energetic high, definately not something that mongs me out. I will be smoking quite alot in combination with psychedelics as well, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance, hope my demands arent too specific:eek:

2. Northern Lights are easy to grow.

3. nl#5 doesnt smell much at all
    doesnt get very tall
    has a nice yield
    easy to grow
    makes the hoes get naked

:hello:

4. yay!

and only £116 for 10 seeds too:eek:

need something a bit cheeper unfortunately in case i screw up:D

any other suggestions?

5. just buy a bunch of mids and grow the seeds that you find in them.

6. been looking around the nirvana seeds on EDIT (dont think i should link as its a competitor to grasscity), they're all £18.50 so ideal price, the one i like the sound of best is silver pearl:

"Silver Pearl is a three-way hybrid developed in the early 90's. Early Girl, Skunk #1 and Northern lights make up this tasty strain.

Silver Pearl buds glisten with trichomes, yet are not as overpowering as the “white” strains. Silver Pearl is very hearty and finishes early, making it a great strain for novice growers. The flavour is surprisingly fresh and not too Skunky. Yields could be of commercial interest."

Contents:
    10 Seeds
    Plant Type:
    Best suitable for indoor growing
    Plant Height:
    Medium - Indica/Sativa mix
    THC:
    Medium 8-15%
    Flowering Weeks:
    7 to 8 weeks
    Yield (Sea of Green on one m2):
    400/500 grams
    Harvest Month:
    September/October

think im gonna go with his one, nice and mellow, fairly easy to grow, big yield, low cost, flowers quickly and 'fresh' flavour. sounds perfect for me.
    thanks everyone

7. currently growing NL#5 and i'm a first timer. 2 weeks into veg and no serious problems. very low odor so far.

8. Be original there are plenty of seeds to pick from grow what sounds good to you and what you want, but you can find lower priced feminized seeds so you dont have to mess with the males. Did you acount for how tall the plants going to get? Lowrider is not to hard. Never go wrong with some northerlights or early girl.:)Good luck and let me know how that works out.

9. NL#5 is definately a good starter strain, especially if odor & size are big concerns, but i'd be inclined to recommend the biggest seller of all time myself... skunk #1 but as an indica hater, i'd say cinderella 99 instead because it grows small and fast like an indica, but is low odor, non-couchlocking & trippy like a sativa. if heart pounding indicas are too much for you, try her son apollo 11 instead.

10. in the end i bought 5 feminized lowryder #2 seeds, mainly for their convenient size and because they're relatively easy/ quick to grow.

thanks for the input everyone

11. hey, do me a favor, when you cure it and test it, let us know what you think about it and weigh in on the lowryder debate thread i started.

i'll have to add my own flumpy's lowdown mystery experience to myself when i test those freebies out.

12. TRY The Lowrider Strain.....
    Only Get 2ft Tall... Auto-Flowering (Seed To Harvest 10weeks Tops!!!!)
    But Has A 1oz yeild :confused:

13. looking for a reliable bank for lowriderr anyone know of one???

14. I use the amsterdam marijuana bank...