recommend a small led strip/module please?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bongsauce, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Hi. I'm looking for a few small module lights that are a foot or less long. Something like the samsung or bridgelux stuff. I tried looking on digikey but there's so many results it's overwhelming. Can anyone please recommend easier search terms...should I just search a certain voltage to narrow it down?

I'm want to run a few 12" modules with individual drivers with voltage adjustment built into the driver, like a hlg+a model or something. Probably shooting for around 3-4k at 20w per board, but I don't mind dialing them way down if the driver or board is rated for higher.

2. These qb 120s are great project boards that require no heatsink they are around 12". QB120 V2 Quantum Boards
    These are the strips I use but they're a little longer than what your looking for. SolStix X2

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Invisible Sun R Strip - Powered by Samsung LM301H /LH351H

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. If you find one on Horticulture Lighting Group, like the QB120 shown above use promo code Brenda15 for 15% off. Got my light 3 nights ago and don’t know how long that code will be active but it came directly from their customer service department.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. @falconfalcon31 might be able to help you with what you are looking for.

• Like Like x 2
  6. thanks @JoshuaE I have some quantum boards already, I'm looking for thinner strips/boards that are about 1 foot and just a few inches wide.

@DrGreenberg thanks those are really cool, but a little too long for what I need them for.

@Jason432979 thanks, but I'm looking for narrower strips.

..I found this link in another thread.. It shows the samsung series' that I was thinking about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'd check the Bridgelux Gen 3 options at FutureElectronics.com - so much more for the money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. thanks @falconfalcon31 I can't find the gen 3 on that site...I found some gen 2 stuff I think though.

9. I run four of these on a Meanwell LRS-150-24. That driver has a built in dimmer,10% dimming. Pretty sure they're not Samsung even though they are stamped as such but they are super bright. They should definitely be mounted to a heatsink of some sort. You really cant go wrong for the price. I mounted mine with thermal tape to two pieces of 1/2" c-channel that I bolted together ,it actually worked really well at pulling the heat away from the strip.
    Look at this on eBay
    Sun Board 24V 96 diodes Samsung 2700k lm561c LEDs Quantum Grow Light Strip 50W | eBay

20190919_170107.jpg
    The white strips are red boosters.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nice,you got the legit samsung strips. Rock and roll.

• Like Like x 1
  11. They are not legit

12. The ones on Digikey are knockoffs?

13. I thought H series was 2nd best behind 'Q'?

14. I didnt think Digikey sold anything but authentic Samsung products.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I thought it was the eBay ones that were being referred to. My bad, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gotcha. The Ebay ones are definitely not authentic but they do work very well.