Recommend a small game?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by VikingToker, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Minecraft?

2. I think he mentioned he was playing on a laptop, but Minecraft is a BITCH to play on a laptop without a mouse. (At least for me)

Although, I'm not gonna lie... That hasn't stopped me from playing it when I'm excruciatingly bored haha

3. Haha... yeah, minecraft is clearly a good game, but it never hit home for me. :/

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I've been checking all of 'em out

4. runescape and old nes roms

5. try ao oni! it's kind of a freaky game but it's pretty fun. i've never tried it stoned though lol

6. What are your PC's specs? If you don't know, and assuming you're on Windows 7, open the Start Menu and in the search box type in "dxdiag". Only information I need is your processor, memory, and graphics card (latter is under the display tab).

Until then, here are some that you should be able to run unless you have a dinosaur of a computer:

Deus Ex - Really good, if a bit dated, FPS/RPG hybrid. There are a lot of ways to go about completing the missions. I recommend downloading Biomod for a slightly more polished experince.

Breath of Death VII/Cthulhu Saves the World - Two games for the stupidly low price of $3. They're both throwbacks to really oldschool RPGs. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heDZqsqU0hk]Here[/ame] That's a quick look-at of Cthulhu Saves the World. They both play identically.

Fallout 1 & 2 - If you've only played the FPS Fallout's, you should definitely check these out. They're isometric and turn-based, but still great.

[Thief] - This game pretty much invented the light-and-dark-based Stealth genre. You have nothing but a static map and your own wits to help you get through the missions. Difficult, but a must-play if you're a fan of stealth games.

7. Starcraft 2 runs very well on ridiculously low spec machines... and is pure awsomeness! Plus you can play for free in a limited version.

8. Orcs must die 2!!!! Not the first one.

This game seriously has me still challenged and
    I've played it for a good 10 hours so far

9. Looking for an easy game? Call your mom

10. Get DOSBOX and SCUMM VM to play some old classics. Loads are totally awesome dude.
    Or you could get a load of console emulators and set up a PS3 or 360 pad to play 'em.:smoke:

11. #31 Carl Weathers, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    I second this, on NES I'd get River City Ransom.. that will keep you entertained for a while.
    [​IMG]

I'd also recommend getting a SNES emulator for:

NBA Jam
    [​IMG]

WWF Royal Rumble
    [​IMG]

Shadowrun (my favourite game of all time)
    [​IMG]

Ahh.. too much nostalgia.

12. [quote name='"Neurosis"']
    I second this, on NES I'd get River City Ransom.[/quote]

I LOVE RIVER CITY RANSOM!!! 2 player mode FTW! So much fun!

-Knights of the Old Republic 2 just got put up on Steam. I'm a fan of the first game. definitely worth a look.

-Team Fortress 2 is FTP and is being actively supported by Valve.

-Peggle! Peggle! Peggle!

-GOG has Raptor, a classic SchmuP.

-Starcraft.

13. Yep, me and my brother played co-op mode, was the shit. Clocked it quite a few times, because of the different upgrades you can choose it has a decent replay value.

I would also vouch for Team Fortress 2, good for some fast-paced fun and pwning noobs. I used to be a really good medic and engineer, and wasn't bad with pyro either. Could never get the hang of demo man or spy, but always really wanted to.

14. Telecharger jeux PC gratuits
    Fucking amazing, if you can get t back into english mode this is a awesome ass collection of roms, its basically all game pre 2003 ish, i got a wired xbox controller hooked to my laptop and all the controls are set for that, than i hook my laptop up to my tv, so much awesssome

15. Yeah I pretty much do the same but with a PS3 pad.
    Got four of 'em for old school multiplayer action.:smoke:

16. haha nice! yeah im just a xbox guy after owning one but honestly the controllers are amost the exact same same shape and buttons all almost in exact same spot.

Me and my buddies do that all the time :) conkers bad fur day or 007 jameas bond <3 we tried ot play them with a keyboard but it just doesnt work ahaha so we got the controllers.

17. League of Legends is free and doesn't take much power. It's a hero based RTS game similar to DOTA. Games are short, you skill up a single hero, purchase it items and fight another team while to achieve map dominance.

It's not one of my favorite games but it's fun to casually play and kill some time on.

18. My friends SUPER obsesed with that game right now, i played it a few times its worth a few hours of youre life for sur3e but some peopel get super into it.

If you do play it prepare for someone to rage on you for the first few matchs cause youre new haha

19. Dungeon Keeper series
    Black and White series
    Happy wheels flash game
    linerider flash game