Recirculating DWC Closet Grow - 1,000 Watts HPS and t5's

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SaikoRonin, Jul 8, 2009.

1. I am planning out a compartmentalized closet grow.

I have a 8x2x8 space approximately.

I am going to seperate the mothers and clones from the flowering room and set up the plants in a recirculating dwc setup.

as a first time grower with no experience with hydroponics and ventilation i wanted to make sure my ideas worked.

Sorry for the terrible diagram, I just made it quickly

[​IMG]

Ok so you can see that my lights are air cooled and cold air is pumped from the top of the room so that it can fall upon the plants

The booster fan between rooms createa the negative pressure in the first room and pulls fresh air through the first room and into the mother room on the right.

Will I need another booster fan at the top of the Mother room where i have an intake?

-------------------------------------------
    I have my recirc setup planned but I have no idea if it will work, Is there a problem with this system?

I was going to have the water pumped in from the reservoir to the top of the first bucket, then im going to have tubes running along the bottom of the buckets connecting them so they will have water movement when i run the pump,

I will have airstones in each bucket, and the last bucket will have a run off right at the net height, that will drop excess water into the reservoir.

I was thinking of using 2 water pumps to pump water into the first bucket, I was planning on running them every other hour for a half an hour or so, that way I will have water recirculating every 30 minutes and if one breaks the other will keep it circulating every other hour,

I will be growing Nirvana's ICE
    in lava rocks, and Scrogging the plants
    I will also be adding rows of 6500k T5 lights up the walls of the closet later,

So any suggestions or comments that can help me get up and running?

I will make a new updated diagram after i get input, I have most of the equipment already and I will be starting a Grow Log as soon as Im ready.

-Ronin