recipies for stem elongation

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 2cent420, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Im after a recipie that will help stretch my plants in flower . Im 26days in and i remeber i had a recipie wrote in my book which got wet about enzymes and hormones in plants that can help give stem elongation.
    My scrog is full and i kinda want the buds to stretch more as i trained them low and forgot my genetics my indicas just aint pullin theu the screen enough for me. There gona be apples n i want bananas lol .

My heads a fuzz so i write stuff down. But water isnt good when ya leave ya botes in the bathroom .

I remember corn and alfalfa sst has some gibberellic acid which helps . And trianacol or however its spelt.

But i had a super recupie from someone on here had 4 versions that could be applied to make them stretch .

Any clues or have i lost ya all

• Like Like x 1
  2. If I recall correctly, Alfalfa will cause more stretch. Triacontanol has long been used by farmers to enhance flowering and budset. HTH.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Good thats what i need hehe alfalfa seed tea it is then brahh i should trust ma head

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goin good just want em to reach

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Your scrog is looking great 2cent420. Are you just going to hit them once with a light alfalfa meal tea? I only ask as I believe we shouldn't go much past week three with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah thinking a light dose just to giv em a lil push up. Not regular thing but the worms wil love it too lol that because of the nitrogen content ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I believe Triacontanol can increase your overall flowering time. I've also experienced fox tailing when used to late in the flower cycle.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Keeping night time temperatures cooler than day time temperatures should promote increased internode spacing to an extent.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. This is spot on. It's called temperature integration, and is a method used by greenhouse production facilities to control stem elongation (stretch).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. It helps with flowering? I did use any alfalfa this time, would it be a good idea to do a light alfalfa tea if I just switched to flower on monday night?

• Like Like x 2
  11. I do not use alfalfa in flowering. I only suggested it as the OP had asked that specific question.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Interesting, I never heard that. Nice info to have

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. IIRC Os has found that using alfalfa in flowering, or even too closer to flowering, can result in some problems (I think it was an increased incidence of foxtailing but I could be wrong). But in vegitative growth yes it can help with stem elongation particularly for side branches vs. the apical meristem, from what I understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Night temp 20c day 26c.
    Clackamas cootz stuff. Triacontanol promotes stretch. You don't want stretch during the last half of flower. You want that energy going to the flowers.

Im mid way and need some stretch to premote my flowers so 1 dose aint gona harm em. It stopps the plant getting stressed therebforbcantbibduce stress to stimulate responce in terpine productions

But im not there lastb2 wk yet

• Like Like x 1