Recipe Thread.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by ChillnSmoke, Apr 25, 2009.

1. I searched, but never found anything for normal Non-Cannabis recipes. I have a few to share with you guys, and I hope ya'll will contribute!

Many of you don't know, I am a pizza connisour (sp?) I make my own dough, and sauce. I have made thousands of homemade pizza's, and I would like to share a crust recipe with you.

Pizza Hut PAN Pizza Crust recipe. Source: pizzamaking.com (I used this as the base dough recipe, and added to it)

4 1/2 C. AP Flour (All Pourpose)
    1 1/3 C. Luke Warm water (Barely above room temp)
    1 package Active Dry Yeast , or 2 tsp (I use RedStar)
    1/4 C. Dry Milk Powder
    1 1/2 Tsp Iodized Salt
    2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil

Mix Water, Yeast, Sugar, and Salt in a glass bowl, using a whisk. Add in 1 1/2 cups of flour, making a thin soupy like mixture. Let sit, uncovered for 5 minutes, until slightly bubbly. Add in the Dry Milk Powder, and oil and mix thoroughly. Add the rest of the flour, and mix with a wooden spoon until a solid ball is formed. Add enough flour to make it un sticky.

Knead with hands until a soft ball is formed. Add another tablespoon or so of oil on top, and coat the ball completely. Cover with a damp towell, and let rise until it has doubled in size.

Coat a 9 inch cake pan with 3 tablespoons oil (I know, it's a lot). Take 1/3 of your dough, and press it into the pan. It should seem very oily. Put your pans in the refridgerator, covered with a wet towell for 1 hour.

Once taken out, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fareignheit (sp?) and let it preheat for at LEAST an hour, so the WHOLE oven is hot, this should give your crust enough time to proof in the pan, and rise again. Press the middle of the dough down after your dough has risen a little bit, around 1.5 times the size. So you have around half an inch around the edge for the crust.

Add your toppings, sauce first, cheese, meats, vegetables, and then a half handful of cheese on TOP of that, to make sure your toppings stay put, and gives the cheese a nice golden brown layer on top.

Bake for around 20 minutes, until it is golden brown around edges, and pepperoni is crisping up.

Please contribute to the thread!

2. My bad, I just looked in General. I will post the recipe in your thread. +rep for the link! (sorry its grey) :(

3. Put your hand in a deep fat fryer.

4. no worries! i can neveerrrrr find the threads i'm lookin for, lol.

i'll take the rep even if it's grey and send a green one your way, too.