Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe questions.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Psmurf33, Sep 3, 2012.

1. So yesterday i made 3 firecrackers with about .8 bud some good bud and cooked them for 14 mins on 350 i put peanut butter on a saltine and sprinkled bud on thn put another peanut saltine. I ate one and about 1 1/2-2 hours later didnt feel anything so i ate the other two. In about 10 mins i think tht first one hit me and i was gone and just passed out like 2 hours later. So today i tryed a different recipe i mixed some butter peanut butter and about a G of purp gooood bud in a bowl and mixed it then put it on and made 5 of them. I cooke thm for 24 mins on 340 and i ate one ths morning. And two hours later nothing so i ate another one and didnt feel a thing all day.

So finaly my question is what would say the best way to make a firecracker? I have 5 Gs left and plan on making more tonight. So the best recipe you use please tell me

And also im very intrested in trying cannibus in tea? I dont really know how though so if you can answer both questions thank you very much :)

2. Somebody help :p

3. Anybody? At all?

4. Personally I would lower the temp and increase the time. 225-250 F for 30 minutes. The problem with most ovens is they fluctuate by about 50F, at 350 they can easily hit 400 for periods of time. This will degrade potency through vaporization. This goes for anything you bake with herb. When I make brownies, it is 250 for about double the time the box says.

5. Ill put it at 240 for 30 mins thn :)

6. Most people say 220, but due to a 50F flux I think 250 puts you between 200-300 which is a safe bet on full decarb and no vaporization. I should say that if your oven is really old you should drop it down to 200-220. My buddy cooked brownies at 300 and made bunk brownies in his ancient oven. It probably had a flux of damn near 100 degrees...

7. Just a little FYI on 'cooking science', canna aside....

When baking brownies or cookies, even when baked at the appropriately high temperatures, often between 350 F - 365 F, even the most dry, and least palatable variety will never exceed 210 F internally, or 280 - 290 F on their 'skin' due to being buffered by the internal temps.

And the majority of brownies and cookies, even those still on the dry side, generally only reach 170 - 180 f before being removed from the oven... and all the while beforehand as they bake they are much, much cooler.

Which means that it's 100% unnecessary to take such measures to reduce baking temps :hello:

Taking such measures only serves to extend cooking time, and reduce the quality of a recipe. :eek:

When baking, whether it's meat, a pie, cake or brownies, even if your oven reaches 400 degress, the item rarely reaches anything even remotely close to the temperatures of your heat source, even externally, and especially internally, regardless whether your heat source fluctuates much or not.

(On a personal note, my own oven only fluctuates by about 5 - 10 F at 220 F when it clicks from on to off, and by 10 F - 20 F at temps of 350F +, and more often it rests on the 3 - 5 F cooler side, than the higher... if your oven fluctuates much outside this range, it's not really doing its job!
    A meat or good candy thermometer can help you test and determine your oven temps from different points inside your oven. :)

Fortunately, by finding a guide for your model online, you can often adjust your ovens temperature gauge... checking and adjusting the thermostat sensor, so it isn't touching any of the oven walls helps, too.

The general rule of thumb in the baking world, is that if your oven fluctuates by much more than 25 d/F to the left or right of the set temperature, on any given setting, you have some issues that really need to be taken care of for the best baking results!)

Hope this helps clear things up! :wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. http://fixitnow.com/wp/2006/11/20/home-on-the-range/

Alton Brown (food science guru from The Food Network) says something similar. No oven can maintain a steady temperature, and to expect a 50F fluctuation. Your candy thermometer study is flawed. You will need a thermocouple thermometer to get an accurate reading, particularly one with a remote so you don't have to open the oven to see the temperature.

Additionally, there is a lot of controversy over THC boiling temp. Many claim 392F, but it has been claimed to be as low as 315F. In the world of cooking THC, I firmly believe it is better safe than sorry, unless you are willing to lose product over testing.

On the topic of internal temperature, it is true that a cake is best when it is 210-220F (internal temperature). Unfortunately, cooking isn't concerned with surface temp and I cannot find how much variation there is in surface temper vs internal temp of cake. I do know from cooking meat, that if you don't hit the middle with the thermometer it will read higher that it actually is, and be under cooked. I also know, that meats brown at 310F even though the middle may be a nice medium rare (internal 140-150F). Logic dictates the surface temperature of cake would be much higher than internal temperature.

In conclusion: Can you cook at 350F and still get high? Yes.
    Will you get higher if you cooked at a lower temperature for longer? IME, YES!

FYI...

Hope this helps clear things up! :rolleyes: