Recently got caught by parents, having trouble

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by airsick, May 5, 2011.

1. Ok yeah your situation sucks, but i can help.

Alright well first off, for the pain... If smoking is not an option then you could go see a psychiatrist to get prescribed some pain medication? If your dad wont agree to this he is neglecting you, and you shouldnt live with him.

And for the not being able to smoke, all i can say is eventually when you have the means to move out you will be able to pick it back up.

Or just convince him to move to the west coast and it'll all be good.

2. It may sound dumb but if your dad keeps it up... well... go to the police. And say you've been abused explaining the situation. The big one would be forcing you to work at his restaraunt, not paying you for said work, and taking your money. I gurantee you find a judge who agrees. Afterwards you get to have your independence (emancipated or whatever), probably a check from dear old dad monthly until you actually turn 18, and probably a good chunk in the civil suit for the work violations. Which is sad. But so is your dad.

3. Bro ive been in this shit a fucking thousand times(Metaphorically of course)..Just be chill and shit will work out.

4. Grannys List is great, look it up. Ton of studies, along with the ones others have given you :) I think a lot of times it's because parents simply don't want you to get on trouble with the law. Or their just assholes.

5. I would call the police.

If you truly are an adult, he can't steal your money or other items, and he can't keep you from working.

6. You don't go to a psychiatrist for pain medication.... you got to a pain clinic.

7. Sounds like you got off easier than I did. I got caught 2 days before you haha. My dad took my phone, computar, playstation, iPod, and my friends iPod that I was borrowing(my friend is pissed cuz I still haven't been able to get itback). My dad also took my door, no joke I have no door for my room. I'm not aloud to go out unless a family members with me. I'm getting weekly drug tests and my parents are giving me a hair test to see if I've done any other drugs. I am also fored to go to a family drug counsoling every week. Fml

8. onlyyyyyyyyyyy innnnnnnnnnnn americaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. #29 Vzsel, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Totally second that one, last year around feb I got caught, ahhh, but then you realize that everyone gets caught once in your life, weather it's cops or parents, personally I'm glad that I only got caught by my parents and not a cop *knock on wood

But yeah to the op just keep your head up high and make them watch the union, it covers EVERYTHING on marijuana, greatest pot movies I watched, very informative.

10. Hey bro i dont have a father he died from alchol abuse so i dont know what it would be like but you have to stand up for your self say that it's my life so i can use marijuana if i want. Then give him facts about why it's better then cigs, and alchol. My mom did the same thing and she used to smoke weed and crack so i said hey listen you smoked weed when you were a teen didn't you? (im not a teen) you also smoked rocks before didn't you? ( i caught her talking about it) well all im doing is weed thats it im doing safer shit then you ever did so just midn your damn bissnes then she actually did her reasrch and smokes with me no:) she has joint and back problems

11. hes probably 15... why the fuck wouldnt your dad let you get a job, thats fucking stupid

12. How are you supposed to pay rent if he doesn't pay you? :confused:

Anyway, if he is making you pay rent and you aren't a minor, you are now a tenant and he is a landlord and you have certain rights, such as the right to privacy.

If you aren't up for the fight, it all boils down to "his house, his rules".

13. My dad won't let me get a job and I'm in College and 19. I don't pay rent, I help around the house whenever I'm asked and I try my best to get good grades. No rent required If I'm full time student. Further: I told him I'm gunna try to find a job to keep over the school year, and he said If I do that, I'm paying my own tuition. Kinda sticky situation.

EDIT: to the OP, keep it on the DL. Your parent's pulled some punk shit...

14. I recently got caught too. My stepdad gave my stash to the police! I'M SO FUCKING PISSED!!!!!! Saving up and moving the fuck out!

Try and educate your parents on marijuana. Tell them to watch "The Union". It didnt work for me but thats because my parents are stuck up society driven zombies, but who knows it might work for you. Best of luck man. Getting caught sucks. Get through it the best you can

15. Sounds like your fault for letting him take your shit, fuck that nigqa, i would have put up a goddamned fight for my shit.

16. This is my life story. Sorry bro, some of us get fathers who try and direct us kindly, others get fathers who are strict and impose their "morals" on ya. Life sucks sometimes.

17. Thats how my mom is. Like exactly the way she is.

18. Review, then show them this, written by a teen drug counsellor. :smoke:

When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

19. #39 Steviesgirl, May 7, 2011
    Dude that sucks I was in the same boat first off you can get a job who cares if your dad likes it or not what is he going to do call the cops and say my son wants to work

20. #40 Steviesgirl, May 7, 2011
    Sent it with out finishing sorry ne ways he should accept you 4 who you are and if you have to pay bills mite as well get your own place then you can smoke do you sell work what ever want to do trust me its way better living on your own making your own rules and you standing your ground is saying respect me and they'll miss you and want to talk to you again or if pets what you want say look you want to ready me like an adult and work I'll work were I want and as an adult do what I want they want you to act like an adult do what you want like an adult doesn't mean you don't love them just means your not a kids you speak your mind and want respect I'm sure they do things you don't like do you huge no so they shouldn't