recently cloned!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jonleviathan, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Hi, i recently cloned and used a liquid rooting hormone anyway last time i checkd my clones they were startin to yellow just abit not too much but they started to yellow and some are lookin droopy abit im using a humid dome and spraying them like 2-4x daily they are in 100% perlite. Whats goin on ? will my clones live ?

2. 50/50 perlite and vermiculite normaly does the trick.

if there yellowin it means the plant has used all the N in the leaf, wilting aswell seams to point to them taking to long to root.

without a pic i cant really give good advice. but.
    give them a little tug, if they r rooting u shud feel the roots hanging onto the perlite. if they seem to just wanna pull out then pull them out and dunk them in cool/room temp water.

find something to mix in with the perlite to hold some water, vermiculite is good, soil will do.

trim off some leaf, u dont need a lot left, the more u have the quicker it will grow after rooting but the less u have the more chance u have of getting them to root and live. leave some on tho.

look at ur cutting, has it started to go firm again?
    yes, put the hormone on again, just a bit! then in the perlite/woteva and pray.
    no, just pray.

remember that perlite is very white and that means light will travel down into it, light kills roots.

3. well i mean it just came out of the perlite when i was fixing the leaves so i wet it down then replanted.. i dunno ill just wait and when they are 10 days old ill see if they have roots... it shouldnt take longer then 10 days right ?

4. look i dunno how to say this m8 but perlite is used 4 drainage and vermiculite is used 4 holding water.

using just perlite is not gonna hold a lot if any water near ur plants cut and rootless stem.

ur cloning aint working, ur cuts r dyeing.

u need to get some fluid into ur plant. is dyeing of thirst. u need something thats gonna hold water!

5. I cloned for my first time and my plants took root very good by 7-8 days. I could see the bundle of roots in the clear cup.

Clear cup is a good idea, for that reason, so you can tell when it roots.

I also only left one set of fingered leaves and the tip top.
    I just used potting soil and hormone and I had good luck :)

6. how do i make holes in the bottom of those clear cups i got the small ones they arent 12oz tho but i think itl do better then the 100% perlite i mixed 50soil and 50 perlite .... im gonna replant clones should i recut them and re hormone ?

7. Ive got this posted someplace, with pics and all, but this is what worked for me. (yes I would recut and hormone).

Make sure you make your cut on a angle, and do it under water. If you do it in open air I guess the plant can suck up an air bubble? I don't know how true this is, but its simple enough to fill the sink and cut them underwater. Also add a cut about 1cm up along the stem up from the bottom. I guess this too helps them root better.

I too used the 12oz clear party cups. I poked a small hole in the bottom with a nail. A knife will work too.

Also make sure the razor you use is sterile. I poured rubbing alcohol on mine. Not sure how important this is, but once again its simple enough, so why not.

So, fill your cup with soil or whatever medium you are using. Poke a hole about 3-4" deep with a pencil in the soil and water the soil. Then take your slip that you cut underwater, and put a 1cm cut up the bottom and roll it in a little root hormone. Put the slip in the pencil hole and push the soil around the stem. Water a little more.

Then mist 4-10 times a day. I just put a gatoraid bottle over my plants (with the bottom cut off) I had them 2" from 60w of floros and had no probs.

Mist mist mist mist. your soil should stay really moist too.

Hope this helps