recent xanax withdrawal seizure ok to take other loritabs?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by geraggh, Oct 28, 2009.

1. so wednesday i went"cold turkey" due to my connect and i was taking maybe 6mg+ a day for a couple of weeks. friday i took 5 10mg percs throughout the day and had a seizure that night. my time with benzos has come to an end should i let the system cool down for a while or would i be ok taking other pills? wierd thing is im not noticing any other withdrawal symptoms

2. You should definitely take a break for a while if you just had a seizure and not ingest ANY drugs, except for weed.

Benzo withdrawals are serious. This is why people need to be more informed about it before they go eating handfuls of benzos a day

3. yea benzo withdrawal can kill you

4. But if this happens then should you get some more xanax and take more, then start to ease off it?

5. Honestly, you should go to the hospital and seek the aid of a doctor.

Easing off almost never works for somebody addicted to benzos.

6. Do you think I would be fine to start taking painkillers in moderation again after let's say a month of being drug free my benzo days are over

7. You can take anything in moderation, just dont get yourself to this point again

8. benzo withdrawl is more dangerous than dope withdrawl. id say chill for a while

9. #9 High I'm Chris, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    This just surprises me so much. 6 weeks is over a month I suppose and going cold turkey... I guess I'm just trying to relate to myself. I know the severity of benzodiazepine withdrawals as I've done research papers on them and have w/d off them and opioids at the same time 7 or so times of 5+ months of heavy use.

My latest one was a month and half 6 weeks of heavy use of 7+mgs a day... but I guess I did ween myself but only for about 5 days. It was always klonopin as well so the higher half-life helped.

Stoner maybe you can enlighten me on why I hear all these stories of not that much use (compared to what I've done) and people experiencing these severe w/d... sure I mean I get sleepless nights, some tremors, and mud butt but hmm.

EDIT: and to your comment stoner (not trying to disagree or start an argument) but personally I've weened myself of with no help from doctors on multiple occasions but I understand some people aren't as strong mentally because of how bad the w/d's are

p.s and good seeing your posts again stoner and you swisher too of course :)