Recent Spam Attack

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Vee, Aug 25, 2022.

1. I think it was the chick with a ring thru her nose that joined and posted a lot of crappi spam about 8-12 hours back, indeed I logged on and like many was stunned how she pulled this of, perhaps she knows the mods were of duty, however I did collect a few 'disagree points' at her expense, total now 547.

Perhaps one way to reduce this load would be for a rest between joining up and then posting, I doubt many spammers(or honest newbies) would have the patience, to stick,
    @RMJL something has to be done, nothing is more heartbreaking signing up to my weed site to see crap, indeed I suggest north 'mericans have more patients for such acts but for us in europe is extremely rude to advertize ones business, in the ;hope' of exploiting a member here

Im open to ideas

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. I like that idea, may hinder some new growers with issues needing immediate attention. Maybe a first post approval, possibly first few? That's alot of extra work tho.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. This is a good idea. Or making them confirm email by clicking link if not already required.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. indeed Im suggestion a form of censorship, which I hate to admit, but back in the day of starting forums, the race was on to 'capture' as many new members as possible to be used at a later date, as a form of proving the sites worth to prospective advertisers, but those days are long gone ..but the greed persists.

But would you sign back in as a new member when you have to wait 6-12-18-24 hours, to have your membership 'approved' I think not ...this is tough

• Like Like x 1