Recent Illustrations

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by FDZNofficial, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Here' a few illustrations i've done recently. I've lately gotten into doing really detailed skull and abstract drawings, so comments would be appreciated. 

I'm always working on something new, so I'll post up newly completed ones once they are finished.

Thanks and enjoy! :)
    FDZN

Attached Files:

2. One of those is still a WIP, but here's another completed one:

[​IMG]

3. What medium are you using?

4. Well done! I like the amount of detail on the first one and I can totally see a face on that last skull's forehead! nice job.

5. All are these are done in Photoshop with a tablet. Thanks for the comments! :bongin:

6. nice work, ever tried working in illustrator? its much better for drawing due to it being vector based drawing program rather than a pixel based editing program like photoshop

7. I did try illustrator for drawing (I normally use it for logo design), it's alright but I feel that PS is a bit more workable with my tablet. Nowadays I just make huge document sizes with a high resolution as well.

8. Here's something I was working on illustrator but never finished it.

[​IMG]

9. The skull is cool.

10. Well, here's the latest one, although it's not completely finished yet..

[​IMG]

11. hey nice work man! really nice details. a little more shading's gonna be nice, but i'm guessing you haven't completely finished these and know that urself :) how long did it take u to make these??
    keep it up!! :)

Work with the one you are better with.

Photoshop is actually a really good program. The benefit of vectors though is you can draw at any size and transform it to any size without warping the image.

13. #13 FDZNofficial, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Yeah, that is def true with vectors. Who knows, maybe I'll switch over or even use both in conjunction someday. I figure if I made the document in PS large enough in dimension + DPI, I can always import it into Illustrator to vectorize it. :) Although I think there could always be a loss of detail doing it that way sometimes.

14. #14 FDZNofficial, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Appreciate the comment! Usually, it just depends whether if I'm either wasting my time doing nothing, or if I'm like on constant energy high lolol. If I had to guess for the latest one above, I'd say in total, maybe a couple or so hours a day if it's a productive week of which I have time for myself.

It's gonna look so good once I finish the top of the skull though. I went to a concert in my hometown this past friday (hardcore/metal) and saw two of my favorite bands. (second time seeing one of them, first time seeing the other.) Anyway, chatted with the vocalist after their set and did the usual CD signing, etc. Although at the very end of it all, decided to show him that one. I'd seriously be stoked as fuck if I got some type of job out of it. I'm going to school for graphic design, but I'm lately liking illustration like this a lot more than regular design. It'd be killer to work for a label that is relevant to hardcore/metal music, honestly can't think of a better job, drawing evil shit all day long.

15. It's good stuff man keep up the good work and work with what you like best. However don't be afraid to branch out to things like Illustrator may turn out you like it more.

16. Alright, brand new completed one, any comments? :) [​IMG]

17. #17 FDZNofficial, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    Here's a t-shirt mock-up I came up with, If you are a fan of metal/hardcore, you will get this style. :)

Attached Files:

18. New WIP screenshots of a couple new projects I started these past few days:

[​IMG][​IMG]