Received Two Juliet Clones...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ElVatoFirme, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ...and now I'm lost.

Hey everyone, how's it going?  Hopefully this post finds you all well.

I've been a member on this site for awhile, but my path in life had lead me away from the herb for a little.  However, we are reunited once again, and I'm trying to rekindle the love we once had.

A little background info on my current situation:
    -   Was given 2 clones of Juliet (Cinderella 99 x NYC Sour Diesel [80%/20% - Sativa])
    -   Unknown soil
    -   16 hours of light/8 hours dark
    -   Watered with straight tap water a few times, used distilled yesterday
    -   CFL, 6500K

The main question I have is, what is wrong?  I'm thinking nute lockout, overwatered, or nitrogen toxicity.  The runoff pH from the soil came out to approximately 5-5.5 when I watered yesterday.

Here are a few pics:

PLANT 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLANT 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully the pics help out some.

I'm contemplating heading to the local nursery and picking up some Fox Farm Ocean Forest, as I've heard great things.  Is that a good idea?

Any help is truly appreciated.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. #2 CL4P-TP, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    looks like nute burn .. more N then needed, judging by the "claw".

how often are you watering?

how big are they, the plants, compared to those 6 inch( guessing size) nursery cubes?  root binding may also be causing this.

if going to buy Fox Farm get their Happy Frog .. you'll get 25% more soil and it's better stuff IME. just throw in a 1/2 a Cu.Ft. ( the FFHF bag will be 2 Cu.Ft.) of perlite, and your good to go. maybe some dolomite lime to stabilize pH if your water is acidic. most tap is around 8 ( neutral pH is 7 on a scale of 1-14.. I know obvious but some don't get it ) to avoid calcium deposits from forming in the pipes. distilled H20 is a 7 pH BTW.

some trivia that may help with purchasing soils...

1 Cubic Foot = 7.5 gallons of soil. so you'll be able to do that math on pots.

also bumb your light schedule up a couple hours. she looks like she wants to flower, and that will help her decide to veg.

3. First off, a tremendous thank you to you for the reply.  The claw is what had me thinking N toxicity.

Due to me thinking it might have been overwatered (as I've only had them one week today and wasn't sure of their prior schedule), yesterday was the first day I watered them in about 3 days.  The soil was moist at the bottom (last inch or so) for most of the 3 days.

As for size, Plant 1 is just over 8 inches, and Plant 2 is just over 6 inches.  The cubes themselves have sides of 3.5 inches, and are 3.5 inches tall.

And thank you for that suggestion.  I probably will go with the Happy Frog and perlite.  If my tap is running at a pH of 6.5 - 7 do you think  I could do without the dolomite lime?

That extra info will also be of help to me.  I was wondering how I would figure that all out but you just made my job 10 times easier.

Again, thank you for all the help.

4. Well, I had to get the Ocean Forest as the shop was out of Happy Frog and wouldn't have any for week or two.

Even though OF contains perlite I went ahead and grabbed some anyway.  I figured if they are already burned, extra perlite would help spread out the nutes.  Is that correct?  Or am I way off?

5. perlite adds oxygen to soil
    sounds like u used miracle grow soil ;)

6. #6 CL4P-TP, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014

dolomite lime raise pH, so no not needed...matter of fact your H20 sounds pretty good.
    perlite is used for aeration in soils..not to spread out the soils N/P/K.  and having extra is no biggie IMO/E.

shoot if you've got way too much , look into hempy buckets as entry to hydro. after this grow of course.. get a harvest, then expand. :smoke:

cannabis enjoys sell drained soils that's why we suggest adding it to pre-bought soils.

EDIT: and Happy Frog is a much more dense mix then Ocean Forest, so try for around a .25 CuFt per bag of soil.

did you pick up any nutrients?  if not no worries , its a good thing ..your plants will eat the majority of the
    "food" in the soil in the first few weeks - 2 months ( 6-7 weeks is a good figure). so you've got time to decide if you want to run bottled nutes or try to run an ACT (Aerated Compost Tea).

half a dozen of one and 6 of the other IMHO. ones kinda labor intensive & takes some learning but your soil will perform better. the other is just measuring out of a bottle and reading instructions.

on your first grow I don't think either will be much effect on yield.... B4 you ask. But best to make a solid plan a stick to it.

perllite, in soil, is used for aeration & drainage.. mainly drainage when dealing with cannabis in particular though. so its less adding oxy then not letting water sit in the soil and bacteria to grow. :bongin:

and where you get that MG sol from ? that's pure speculation..& is not useful bro. ( trust me, this is "eating crow experience" talking here man)

7. #7 CL4P-TP, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    forgot to add ..what size pot did you pick up ?

please tel l me you grabbed at least 1 gallon

should brought this up sooner..sorry :mad:

8. :smoking: everythings gonna be alright :smoking:

9. Awesome!

I didn't grab any nutes, so I'm glad I've got a couple months.  I'm pretty busy right now so I'll probably go with the bottled ones.

And as for the size of the pots, their 10".  It didn't say the volume.  I can guarantee they're at least a gallon though.

When I get some more time I'll upload updated pics.  I ended up LST'ing one of them.

Thanks for all the help, man!