Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Received infraction ticket for my medical marijuana even though i had recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by darkbro568, Feb 26, 2011.

1. I was on the metrolink in so cal and i was recently stopped and searched because of my probation. While i was searched the officer found my medical marijuana i showed him my recommendation and he told me i needed the state id card to posess medical marijuana is this true? Do i need more then my recommendation to posess my medicine

2. The above responses were deleted because they are PATENTLY WRONG.

PEOPLE please do not post incorrect information - if you don't know for sure, DO NOT POST!

OP - It is not required that you purchase the $163 state ID card to be a legal medical marijuana patient.

HOWEVER - it is the ONLY form of recommendation that any Law Enforcement Officer MUST take as proof of recommendation. What that means is that if you don't have one you can legally be cited and have your meds confiscated. BUT when you appear in court with your valid recommendation your citation will be tossed out of court and you should be able to get your meds returned to you.

So word to the wise, if you get stopped a lot by LEO, then you should get the card - also if you transport a lot of meds it's a necessity. Seems like you're a "cop magnet" if you're already on probation, so it might be a good idea to get one.

BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO IN ORDER TO BE 100% LEGAL

3. thanks for your help and i wish some people would stop being pathetic on gc

4. This Actually Happened To me but it was actually driving, I dnt even have Priors though would it be worth going to court and fighting it? I have to respond to the county clerks by friday!

5. Of course you should fight it.

6. #6 jkl369dsf, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    K

7. cops are idiots

8. WOW..a two for one here!

1. Court followed the intent of a law vs the letter (as it should be).
    2. You accepted that you had goofed and would pay a fine.
    Karma is a bitch but she does come through for those deserving...

A +rep for the 2nd one is well deserved.:wave:

9. <aluminumfoilhattime>
    I'll take it that OP was stopped first for 'something' and after running the ID, searched due to the probation...else that face recognition software has really improved and been linked to that global crime data base we know they have...</aluminumfoilhattime>

:p

10. What type of school? K-12? College/University?

11. #11 REBL626, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    Appreciate The Replies, The Cop didnt even have a valid reason for pulling me over he pulled me over out of straight discrimination of what i looked liked not for any racial discrimination, Im ready to fight it man Instead of the Cops out busting real drug dealers or even people who have marijuana illegally theyre out here busting people on a Friday night(As If They Dont have Anything To Do) who have Valid Marijuana Reccomendations who are trying to do things the right way, I have a legitimate reason for my Marijuana use I was hit by a car when i was 16 I have 6 herniated discs in my Lower back i have MRI's Xrays and years of physical therapy to back up my reccomendation, I think i have a VERY good chance of my ticket being dismissed.

12. no thats not what happened

13. <sarcasm>
    trying to hide the truth huh...you're one of them...I knew it...
    [​IMG]
    </sarcasm>:D

14. Some doctors have the state seal for recommendations.... not just id cards. Most id cards are bs anyway it must be a state id card.