Received a promotion and feeling undeserving

Discussion in 'General' started by ScotchnCoke, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Well here's a bit of a back story, I currently work for a major Cash in Transit company based in Australia, I started from the bottom as a Cash in Transit officer and moved up to where this story tells (Senior Risk Analyst), I also work at another medium sized security company which covers major events, traffic management and TV shows security and risk assessments.

The other day I went to work feeling like I did any other day, I got up, showered, had breakfast and drove to work, where my position was a Logistics manager, basically I'd control which truck goes where, and new contract planning, but instead my boss walks into my little office and asks for a word, I was honestly scared as fuck, I thought he knew I smoked weed or something... But he sits me down and basically says for short "You have worked hard the whole time you have been here, and I'd like to offer you a new position as a Senior Risk Analyst, I was in shock at start but I agreed because I was actually scared to say no, shook my hand and I would simply finish my duties for the day.

I went home that day feeling really confused, no shit my daily routine is, get up, to go work, work out and get high as fuck, eat dinner and go to bed... I have just been thinking what have I done that has been so deserving as this... if anything some other young guy who only works for the company deserves it, but I work two jobs and am only there on my off days pretty much... Admittedly I have lost a bit of weight and started to live healthily but that's not enough to warrant a promotion.

Sorry GC, I'm just tripping out over this...