Reccomend me a PC game?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by prodigybeats, Apr 1, 2011.

1. #1 prodigybeats, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
    So I've never been big on PC games. I've generally played Ps3 primarily. But, I have a good machine running Windows 7 and I'd like to get something to try out. I really like stealth, I like the open world aspect of gaming like runescape where you have the freedom to choose what you do, when you do it, quests, missions, etc. I really like modern stuff like extreme urban settings(crime, prostitution, gta basically), but I also like the adventure/nature setting (runescape, WoW), But the kicker is...I HATE the idea of magic. Literally, I don't mind if it's there but it takes a lot of the fun out of games for me..

Anything fit? I don't care if it's old or new.

PS. Anything where I can use skills/cunning to get rich is a plus. That's what made me enjoy runescape.

I should add that I prefer strategy based games or mmorpg's. I am horrible with quick action on the computer controls so anything Fps or similar is best played by me on the ps3.

2. you should try mafia 2 its basically gta but you are in the 50s

3. Try Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Only $20.

It's a horror-puzzle game, you follow a mystery in a castle in the 1840s while solving physics puzzles and hiding from monsters(you get no weapons).

4. Well i was going to say you haven't played an FPS until you have played it on PC.

But.... w/e then :D

You also haven't played an FPS until you have played PC classic FPS games like counterstrike. Fuck all that MW2 and Black Ops shit, although COD4 is a pretty damn amazing game :)

5. CounterStrike: Source ftw! :smoke:

6. -Battlefield 1942
    -Battlefield 2
    -Starcraft 2

7. it's old, but gta san andreas always entertained me, and you could probably get it for 5 bucks if you don't plan on downloading it... also, swat 4, another oldie but goodie.... but i agree counter strike is awesome... i don't really know any new comp games cause my graphics card doesn't like them.

EDIT: post 666

8. Oh ya. Battlefield 3... when it comes out ;)
    :smoke:

9. Hahha, wow, thanks for all the ideas. I actually used to play CS quite a bit. Realistically I should just go back to that, but I need more. Checking out Amnesia now.

Hitman contracts was my all time favorite game. I loved walking into a place and doing my mission without anyone even knowing I was there.

10. diablo 2 its made by blizzard like wow but its not a mmo and if you pick the barbarian the only magic he has is stuff to make him strong but what i remember you dont really new magic to much with the barbarian

11. hey i saw shogun 2 is out , the total war games are epic , you conquer the world and the campaigns can last months of daily gameplay

12. Dude, check into Minecraft. Its an amazing game, its a nature/exploration and you pretty much build your own world, its pretty addictive dude. I love it [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I]YouTube - Minecraft Fanmade Trailer[/ame] You make your own world and pretty much do whatever you want.

13. #15 Rasta Viking, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    Elders Scrolls:Oblivion

Elder Scrolls Oblivion, or Morrowind. Very open world, with BEAUTIFUL landscapes. You will be stunned at the environment in this world, if your graphics card can handle it. You can choose to do what ever quests you want, progress down the main quest line or do all the side quests your heart desires. I don't know what your gripe with magic is, but Oblivion doesn't REQUIRE you to use magic, but I would recommend it. Either way if you haven't played it before a GREAT game worthy of sinking countless hours into. The learning curve may be a bit big for some but once you get into the game, you are truly immersed.

Since you said you like to be sneaky, there is a thieves guild in Oblivion with very exciting quests. I believe the thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood to be the most fun quest lines in the entire game.

Elders Scrolls : Skyrim is coming out 11/11/11 and that is sure to be amazing. Read up on it, watch the few trailers that are out. It will be an amazingly open world type game.

Guild Wars 2

Another one to look forward to is Guild Wars 2. It is looking to be the best MMORPG to date. With all the concepts and mechanics they plan to install in the game, it is going to be intense.

Diablo II

If you haven't played Diablo II before I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it. Definitely in my top 3 games of all time. Although the graphics may be a bit outdated, you will soon get over that and be hacking and slashing your way through hordes of demons while collecting only the phattest of loot. Fun to play by yourself or with some friends. High replay value.

Mount and Blade: Warband

To satisfy your desire for strategy another GREAT game I have sunk many hours into is Mount and Blade: Warband. You basically can start out anywhere from a mere peasant to a seasoned noble and you start with a small army. As you start off fighting groups of bandits and small armies you work up the size of your own army being able to lead more men. As you win battles men in your army advance in rank and you have the ability to upgrade them to classes like Cavalry, Archers, Crossbowman, Pikeman, Spearman, Axeman, Knight, Berserkers what ever you want your army to be comprised of.

There are multiple regions with different Kings, and with subsequent lords. You can pledge your allegiance to one of these kings and become a vassal as you help progress that regions standings in the overall realm. The ultimate goal being total domination.

Or you can take the road less traveled- which will undoubtedly be a lot harder- but a lot more rewarding and fight for yourself. You can siege castles, and take them over. In doing so you then gain the few cities/towns that belong to that castle and gain their income. But make sure you watch over your towns closely because the other regions want your towns just as much as any other so they will be pillaging them constantly.

As you win more and more battles you gain renown and then people will start to see you are worthy and you can start to ask other lords to join your cause. You can then set them up to defend certain castles or towns that you have to prevent pillaging and raiding or tell them to come a long to a castle siege and gain more ground in the realm.

After every battle there are of course the spoils and you will be given the option to take what ever loot you desire, you can hand out the left overs to your men or leave it there. I could go into more detail, but I went over the basic overview and I think you would be better off playing the game.

Fallout: New Vegas

Lastly you can try Fallout: New Vegas. Following in the wake of Oblivion and the Elder Scrolls series it is very open world, but the weapons and time frame is more advanced. You have guns and other melee weapons at your disposal. A very fun game that will test your sneakiness and strategy on certain quests. And just give you the overall feel that you have control over your character and where he/she is headed.

Good luck in your choice, but don't blame me when you forget to eat or go to work.

14. track mania

15. LMAO @ runescape !!

Tom Clancy HAWX
    Just Cause 2
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
    A.V.A.
    Need for Speed World, Undercover, and Prostreet

16. Freecell
    Spider Solitaire
    Tetris
    Windows Pinball
    Minesweeper