Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rec Stores - Huntington Beach area?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lessthanjeezy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Hey blades,

My wife will be staying in Huntington Beach for a work trip. She is flying into LAX and driving to Huntington Beach. I tried searching rec stores in huntington beach but only came up with a couple delivery options. Is she better off trying to find a rec dispensary in LA, or are there some in Huntington Beach so she can stop when she gets there and deal with LA traffic as little as possible.

Thanks guys.

2. Rec stores are very limited in California.
    Thanks to legislation that allows municipalities to prohibit cannabis businesses without putting it to a vote most of California doesn't allow storefront facilities now.
    Santa Ana has a few rec legal stores and isn't too far from Huntington Beach.
    Los Angeles is a bitch of a commute to and from Huntington Beach so I'd stay clear of those. Unless you have an extra 4 to 6 hours to piss away.
    Nothing wrong with delivery. You just don't get to inspect what you're buying beforehand. If you know what you want it isn't a problem though.
    Weedmaps is your friend. Download the app.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good to know thanks, yeah after looking I was thinking the small amount of rec stores was due to the new regulation. She is flying into LAX and renting a car to drive up to Huntington Beach, so I will tell her to either stop in LA while she is there or to use one of the delivery services when she gets up to Huntington Beach.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Huntington Beach is south of LAX.
    There are a few rec stores in the immediate area around LAX but most are in sketchy neighborhoods. Industrial areas and that sort of area.
    Going south from LAX, there isn't a whole lot available until you get into Santa Ana.
    There is a Medmen shop in Santa Ana. Big name, big shop. I guess. I haven't been there. All shops require legal picture ID at the door.

5. Sounds good, yeah there seems to be a dispensary right near the airport, I'll look into that one for her but if it doesn't look like I good option I'll just tell her to take a detour to santa ana and head to that place. Definitely shitty that a lot of towns seemed to not want the stores, I have a feeling it will be very similar whenever NJ finally gets around to passing legislation.