Rebuttal! Charcoal.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Beloose420, Apr 7, 2019.

1. #1 Beloose420, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    This is my rebuttal to the following:

As for the activated charcoal pills, it turns out that I may have been led astray by the internet. When I reached out to Nicolas Flamand, associate professor of medicine at Université Laval in Québec City, he told me that, basically, they're bunk.

"Activated charcoal will remain in your digestive system," Flamand wrote me in an email. "So it will not trap what is inside your body fat. It will mainly trap what is in your digestive tract. Activated charcoal is mainly used to trap alcohol or medications that have been ingested and that are still in your digestive tract."

I Tried Cheating a Drug Test Using 'Science' I Found on the Internet

Let’s look at Flamand reply sentence by sentence.

‘Activated charcoal will remain in your digestive system’. This is true and this should be viewed as a good thing. Charcoal can’t leave the GI tract and is inert. This is good because the charcoal can’t damage other parts of the body and will only adsorb molecules that it encounters.

‘So it will not trap what is inside your body fat’. Again, true because the charcoal can’t leave the GI tract. What Flamand is missing is that our bodies do this without any help from us. If you tested a person who smokes MJ but quit and tested them once a week. You would notice that the THC-COOH decreases in an orderly fashion without bumps in the road. This tells us that the Enterohepatic Recirculation is in constant flux. THC-COOH travels this way fat -> Liver -> (via bile) GI tract -> blood -> and back to the fat cell. At any given time THC-COOH can be found in all those places. Meaning we don’t have to do anything to release the THC-COOH out of the fat cell the body will release THC-COOH at a steady rate for us.

‘It will mainly trap what is in your digestive tract’. Again, this is true and again this is a good thing. As I already pointed out our bodies will move THC-COOH from the fat cell to the bile on its own. By taking charcoal throughout the day you are blocking the Enterohepatic Recirculation at the GI tract before it has a chance to enter the blood again. If the THC-COOH can’t reach the blood it can’t be released in the urine.

‘Activated charcoal is mainly used to trap alcohol or medications that have been ingested and that are still in your digestive tract’. Now Flamand has shown his true colors. Charcoal cannot absorb alcohol and no doctor worth their salt would use charcoal for alcohol poisoning. Now there are myths on the internet that says it can just proves this individual isn’t getting their information from a trusted source but from the internet. Some types of medications charcoal will adsorb and if you take meds you need to block off some time so that the charcoal won’t interfere it but sadly that also opens a small window for THC-COOH to move out of the GI tract and into the blood.

Most of the arguments against charcoal are nonsensical. ‘Charocal won’t touch the THC-COOH in the fat cells’; like that supposed to mean something. What does that mean; once you take charcoal your body will stop sending THC-COOH to the bile? No, of course not! Enterohepatic Recirculation is happening 24-hours a day until all the THC-COOH is gone. By taking charcoal is like placing a wall in the GI tract that the THC-COOH can’t cross into the blood. If it can’t transfer from the GI tract to the blood it can’t return back to the fat cell ending the recirculation of THC-COOH that also means ending the half-life of THC-COOH.

2. This is a piece of very unique and important information I have read in this forum. I am an active charcoal user. I use it for different purposes. This information is going to help me a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just to give a little update. I am currently drinking 30 grams charcoal mixed with a quart of milk in the morning (6 am) smoke three times throughout the day and by 8 am the next morning I am peeing clean.

4. So, If I am taking activated charcoal for detoxifying my body it is good but I should not expect that it will help in reducing fat?

5. Like in weight loss? Not that I know of. I take it daily and I haven't seen any weight loss.

6. lol yo don be puttin charcoal in the blunt :smoke: