Rebecca Black - Friday

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Green Wizard, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Over 70 million hits on youtube in less than a month. Wow. You know at first listen this song has it's obvious flaws. Misplaced or odd lyric structure, out of range singing, and just a general cornball tone throughout. But there is something special about this song that makes me love it. I think it has to do with that vulnerable, uncorrupted innocence of a young girl singing her heart out on a song she wrote. She doesn't seem to show, or even want to be influenced by other current artists, i.e. lada gaga or the like. She just comes across as being completely genuine and comfortable with herself at her age and demonstrating a considerable amount of courage in the process. Unfortunately, she has received harsh criticism from the comments on youtube. I think it would be awesome if we started a "like" campaign and right her rating. Do the right thing and vote her a like.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0]YouTube - Rebecca Black - Friday (OFFICIAL VIDEO)[/ame]

2. Worst song ever. enough said

3. There is nothing special about this song, it was produced by a company. Her mother paid to insert her into it.

4. fFRIED EGG FRIED EGG FRIED EGG FRIED EGG

5. Yea, why in the world would she be famous for this song, when they're really talented teens out there... somebody had to pay a good amount of money to get here famous...

6. If there is nothing special about this song, then explain the 73 million hits on youtube. Did her mother do that?

7. You got it all wrong bud lol. Her parents paid $3000 to a company call "Ark music factory". What they do, is write you a song, film a music video and a photo shoot. The black guy raping is the guy who wrote it. Look at the channel, there's like 20 middle school girls in music videos you wouldn't expect them to be in.

8. #8 rex8000, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
    She was idolized for being one of the worst examples of music in history. It's a fucking joke man...

If you truly believe this is good music, I'm not even sure what to say?

(Unless youz trollin, but I'm gonna proceed otherwise, even though it's april fool's)

9. Then that black guy is a genius.

Exactly. Do the unexpected. Do something different. Plus you have to consider the target audience for this type of song. 13 year old girls. I'm certainly not the target audience, but listening to this song makes me want to be a thirteen year old girl.

10. I've heard good music about teenage adolescence, and innovative and creative music that appeals to younger generations, but this track is in no way unexpected or something different.

In fact, lookup the company that produced this song. Givem a quick listen.

11. basically.... if there was -neg rep, the OP would get alottt

:p:D:wave:

you like the innocence? so do pedophiles and child rapists:devious:

12. i dont count the amount of people who like something to judge its quality. Bieber for example, i dont give a fuck how many people listen to him, there is NOTHING behind it, yea cool story he got famous from youtube and someone bought him up and produced him and BAM famous. Fans and fame dont mean anything for quality anymore

13. You must be high as fuck. Only acceptable explanation.

14. This songs deep lyrical metaphors touched my inner soul

15. youre fucked man.

that was my first time listening to that shit after seeing about all the hype and ppl clownin on her.

fuckin garbage

16. even if you're not kidding, say april fool's so I can feel better about life

:laughing:

17. Welcome to modern Humanity, where marketing is god.

18. #18 Green Wizard, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011

fuck!

Only 16 post damn it!

19. That's actually kinda fuckin weird...

20. Here's another chance for all of us to not factor in the fallout and sensation that makes these talentless hacks famous. Granted, doing that by posting here, and I felt like I had to see the video to understand what it was about, but I feel dirty after giving it that view. Join me in my pledge to not even talk shit about this girl and instead boycott acknowledging her existence. We might have failed with Bieber, but together we can win this one.