Reassure me. Hermaphradite?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JV420, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Well, here's an image.. I noticed some growth and I saw this pod that kind of shocked me. I doesn't look exactly like a seed pod, but I have know there's a chance it could be. Did my female just randomly go male?

[​IMG]

2. i don't see any male balls from that picture.

the pod that i think you are talking about has some hairs (pistols) coming out of it, which suggests that it is just a seed pod and not male parts. however, swollen seed pods like that generally suggest there's a seed in there, which means it may have been pollinated by a nearby male plant or by itself if there are male parts elsewhere on the plant. no way to tell from the picture if that is right or not. bottom line though, from that picture i'd say you do not have a hermie.

3. Thanks for the help. There's definitely no near by males. Just a corn field. There's maybe only like three of those pods on the entire plant, though the plant's shown female for the past month and a half from all of the hairs and no seed pods.

I'm going to split open one of those pods tomorrow when the sunlight is out and see if it's a seed or not.