Reasons why and why not to celebrate columbus day?

Discussion in 'General' started by stonah2, May 12, 2008.

1. Hey guys im looking for some legit reasons answers on why or why not to celebrate columbus day i need some of both if anyone can direct me to a good website or give me some reasons that would be great thank you, stay highhh

2. Columbus found the new world, so without him we might not b here?

3. Who gives a fuck about colombus day? HAH!

4. educated answers only please Columbus did not actully discover North America he never even set foot on it besides many had been there before hand,especially the portuguese fishermen, thanks for the help though

and to the turd who said "who the fuck cares" i fucking care and i have reasons for the questions asked so dont speak unless you have something to add... neg rep

5. EDIT: Ima keep it cool *****
    and your rep means nothing, youre too new lol

6. i suggest wikipedia.com

this is such a point of view question. just find facts and say what you think about them.

7. Because Columbus is a fucking hack and should not be credited what so ever for the discovery of our country. Man died alone, poor and miserable... just how the memory of him should be.

8. Regardless of the reasons not to or to celebrate (i think mostly horrible person vs. historical significance), what would a celebration of columbus day entail other than not having to go to school if you're in high school?

9. It's not really about what we would do to celebrate him, it is the fact that our country still feels the need to celebrate a horrible man who exploited the natives of this country to get his own way with the king and queen overseas.. That he infact landed in a place that was not India but still did not realize this even though everything around him should have been a giant alarm... the fact that many had come before him (vikings, daring fisherman, and maybe even the Chinese in the 1500's). Every year this country celebrates a man who for all intents and purposes was a loser, someone who never did a single thing right in his life and died miserable and alone for it.

10. Thats pretty much what I typed in my last post, along with some other mean things.... I took all of it off though cause I didnt wanna be mean and get bannt.

11. We celebrate for someone who got lost and thought he was in India.

12. good question? would you like to ask my professor lol? its not like im asking this just for personal knowladge and yes before i get flamed i would like to claim that i am indeed over 18 and in college.

13. Columbus was a monster. If we celebrate his legacy, why not celebrate the transatlantic slave trade, too?