Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Reasons to smoke? (Pros,Cons,Propaganda)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barnkis, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Even more than a drug, weed is a psychoactive drug. It changes your state of consciousness. It is definitely a drug, by more than one definition.

:rolleyes:

2. of course weed is a drug. Drugs are what changes any state of mind, bodily function, etc. I was not thinking when i wrote it, i meant its not addictive or very harmful. sorry!

3. updated the list

4. i just smoke with friends at partys n shit, not a regular smoker. and i do it for fun, its awesome!

5. Yes! This summer I loved coming home from work, relaxing a little, get some friends, go driving around at night and toke, then going home to relax even more and eat some grub. It made the summer so much more bearable.

6. Alters bodily function and is a chemical.. So umm all food is a drug then ?

7. Even with that logic, marijuana is a mood-altering chemical. It will always be thought of as a drug. If nicotine is a drug, then so is bud.

8. MmmmmBumpeo

9. Once again, it affects your conscious state of mind. That is what a psychoactive drug is. I probably wouldn't smoke weed if it didn't get me high, ya dig?

10. I love ur sig bro.

11. Keeps me from drinking, and alcohol tried to kill me...weed has not and can not.

12. Congratz on slipping away from your addiction. Just remember, once an addict, always an addict.

13. the number one reason is because it makes normal every day things soo much better and more enjoyable. even crappy boring things become entertaining. like watching shitty movies (ex. Hot Rod) so funny and ridiculous that the only way to enjoy them is after smoking.

14. Cannabinoids do kill brain cells, but the brain cells they kill are called "Glioma" or Cancer of the brain(Tumor). All other brain cells are protected and healed by cannabinoids. (Glioma cells cannot tolerate the action of cannabinoids) Btw, cannabinoids is to weed as canine is to a german shepherd. lol

Cannabinoids protect the heart against Arythmia.

According to a brain function study of 150 depressed people, Cannabis protects the brain against healthy cell death and it also protects Neurons.

Cannabis protects nerve cells from dying thus protects against Altzheimers Disease.

New research shows that the argument over outlawing cannabis because it "Causes Cancer" is no longer valid. There are Nicotine Receptors in your throat. There are no Cannabinoid Receptors in your throat. Cells have a Bio-chemical Program known as "APOPTOSIS". This Bio-chemical Program is activated when cells too damaged to repair themselves commit suicide. There is a Bio-chemical Pathway that controls that. Nicotine activates a path that protects the cells from dying. Smoking anything puts Carcinogens into your Air Passage-ways and Cardio-Vascular system. Cells that get damaged by smoke die and that's what you want to happen. Cells to die before they become Cancer Cells.

alot of this came from this site; http://www.thc-ministry.net/cannabisinfo.htm
    thought i'd contribute since i'm one of those kids that believe that weed isn't
    a bad thing for your body whatsoever; and don't see many cons for it.
    hopefully this helped a couple of you guys.

15. lol well duh

your brain starts to die without about 5 min of oxygen anyway

16. idk if anyone said this or not, but i use it do deal with my insomnia. and i love being high!

17. It makes stupid or annoying shit enjoyable.. Like bad movies, or boring people.. Its also great for brainstorming, I actually thought of a usefull invention a couple weeks ago while smoking and I'm now trying to patent the idea. I can't say what it is though cuz I don't want people stealing the idea.

Most great ideas come from people that were smoking weed, or doing some kind of drug. At least thats how I feel..

18. but your hallucinations arn't like what they would be on acid or shrooms.....

i know what your talking about because it happens to me but they are very minor and they dont last....

19. dude its a plant not a drug
    i consider a drug (narcotic kinda drug) to be something that has bad long term and short term effects, and is also habit forming. weed has none of that. its true that its possibly bad for you to be smoking it (some studies say its as bad as tobacco, some say its worse, some say its not harmful at all, who knows what the fuck to believe) but that is based on how much you smoke it. tobacco smokers smoke much more tobacco than a recreational weed smoker would. u cant even lie about that.

20. I use it to deal with anxiety.....and cause weed rocks:hello: