Really slow growth NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bob Descubra, Oct 18, 2017.

1. #1 Bob Descubra, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Hey everyone, this is my first grow and first post. I have been growing other plants,as tomatos,peppers.... so I'm not a total bigginer. I'm growing indoors with organic soil and CFls. I'll put the details below :
    Soil: earth,perlite,vermiculite,humus,chicken dung,bone meal,dolomite.

Strain: supposed to be white rhino

Light: 4 - 25w cfl 6400k
    1 - 45w cfl 6400k
    1 - 25w cfl 2700k

No nutes and watering with rainwater. My plant is 3 weeks old and I think is way to small, what you guys think? HELP PLEASE!!
    PEACE,you don't have to be old to be wise

2. should be about 10 times the size of that. that looks like a week old seedling. how often are you watering?

3. every three or two days...any advice man?? have no idea what to do, temps are around 82-86F

maybe pot size to small? i didnt transplant as she's so small...

4. im on my first grow myself mate to be honest....get some nutes. im growing in coco and heres my girls at week 6 , they just gone into flower last 2 days 12/12.

Attached Files:

5. they look nice dude,hope you harvest soon.
    trying to avoid nutes...any other tips?

6. to be honest ive had 0 issues all grow so far , i have a good 9 weeks before harvest.

only issue i had was stunted growth with over watering ( was doing it everday)

i use coco and water with canna a & b daily then just started adding boosters etc.

good thing about coco is that the plant is only using nutes that i give it.

your plants not root bound is it? ( slim chance but takes 30 secs to check ) just pull the pot off and post a pic for us.

7. I don't think it has root bound,under the black cup there's a transparent one, as soon as I get home I'll give you pics mate. I would like to try growing all organic and not adding nutes, think it's possible? or a may put just some simple organic nute(any advice?)

8. im not really in a position where i can advise at all on a soil grow mate , this is my first attempt at growing anything plant wise ha.

9. anyway...thank you ! I'll be watching your grow!
    peace man, you don't have to be old to be wise.

10. thanks man , i hope it keeps running smooth. im loving growing.

11. Mine seem to benefit from a very porous soil mix (20/4 on my light cycle for 2 months gets me here).
    IMG_20171018_142045.jpg
    One topping and aggressive LST to force as much lateral growth as possible.

12. nice plants dude! what strain is it? growing organic? think mine looks like yours when they were 3 weeks? any tips will help!

13. Anonymous bag seed; been hoarding memorable but nameless schwag for decades. Week one through four are agony here, waiting for them to hit fifth node for topping. After that they perk up. Flowering runs 12/12 until patience runs out.

14. What light set up are you using?

15. I'm not a soil grower but it doesn't appear that you have enough perlite in your mix and your roots are suffocating. Perlite aerates the soil and allows more oxygen to the roots for fast growth. Here's a pic of plants at 3 weeks old in a 70/30 coco/perlite mix for a growth comparison. Good luck.
    3 weeks.JPG

16. Two 23 @6500k and one 42 @2700k CFLs handles one veg station - a 90 watt UFO LED paired with two 8 watt @2700k LEDs for the other - two 300 watt LEDs for one flower cabinet and a 400 watt HPS buffered by a pair of vertically hung 4 ft T8 fixtures @4100k and @6500k in the bigger room.

17. I disagree, your using Coco which generally requires nutes. Soil already should have some. I'd suggest maybe after two weeks. I didn't use nutes until about 4 weeks.

18. ive talked to him privately , im on my first grow my self.

so cant really advise anyone :p

19. look well , these was my girls at 4 and 6 weeks , what a difference 2 weeks made haha 4 week.jpg week 6.jpg

20. Let me hook you up a bit.

1. Make sure you PH the water. Rainwater depending on where you live could be harsh for your cannabis; make sure in the least you check the PH.
    2. Drainage holes at least 5!
    3. Check the run off also. When you get to the point where you're using nutes you want to maintain a balance of at least 5.8-6.5 after you water your plants.
    4. DO NOT Check if it's ROOT BOUND if you have to turn it upside down or whatever, more than likely it's not because it hasn't been growing very well. Essential you should be able to look at the bottom and see if there are any roots.
    5. My schedule for my plant was.

18-6 since the beginning, when you want to flower which is generally 5-6 weeks into grow (Based on Preference) than you may change to a 12/12 light schedule.

• Like Like x 1