Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Really shiny trichomes

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hypnotix, Aug 29, 2013.

1. I was about to break up a really big nug so I was just smelling it and look at it when I noticed it had really shiny trichomes that reflected light. I did a search and read about glass in weed so I tried the cd scratch method (I used a DVD). It scratched it but I did this with different strains that had never come into contact or in same jar and they all scratched.

So what could it be?

2. #2 WaxPayne, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
    Need pics but it sounds like "grit" . If it scratches a DVD, something might be wrong.

Edit: it might also just be really dry or a stem is actually scratching the DVD, I don't want to make you paranoid but pics would help immensely

3. If you do plan on smoking Defo use a bong incase it is glass or anything dangerous

4. I have smoked some and I used a bong and my throat doesn't feel scratched or anything. When I broke a bit of I noticed they were on the inside too, so they have to have grown in there

5. marijuana plants grown with glass fertilizer is a serious thing i keep saying to my friends but they never beleieve me

If you are fairly new to toking and after toking this bud you get "too high" then it's probably just good bud. You'd be surprised how sparkly a really trich'd bud looks. Still skip no safety step, if you have a jewellers loop zoom in!