Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Really really sick because of a dirty piece? Some info would be great! :)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AguasDeMarco, Aug 6, 2011.

1. hey all,

I have a cheap little spoon that I've been using to smoke with, and it is quite dirty. There's a little less than 9 months worth of crud accumulated in there (disgusting, I know).

Anyways, after a solo smoke sesh last Tuesday, I came down with a high fever (varying between 100-103 degrees), headaches, sore throat (its slightly painful even just drinking water), and loss of appetite. It's Friday now and symptoms are just as bad (also I haven't smoked anything since). I rarely get sick and I haven't really left the house much lately (so I'm ruling out catching it from anywhere else). I'm wondering if it's possible to get this ill from simply using a dirty piece? Are there any illnesses or infections that are known to emerge from the bacteria inside a dirty piece?

I'm asking here because my mom wants to take me to the hospital, and I'm wondering if it is relevant to bring up my marijuana usage and dirty pipe to her and the doctor. I would rather not reveal my mj habit under these circumstances, and since its very possible I am drawing a false conclusion between the dirty pipe and my fever, I definitely don't want to tell my mom about weed for no reason. I'm just worried that the doctor may not think to check my lungs or something if I have an appointment! What if something that is easily treatable becomes much worse due to my not speaking up!

Sorry for the long and rather vague post! Asking in a weed forum for medical advice is dumb as heck, I realize, but I just want to check if any other smokers have gotten sick due to unhygienic smoking paraphernalia. Thanks! :)

2. I've smoked out of some dirrrrrrty shit no one should smoke out of and I've never gotten anything like that, your prolly just sick, hit up the doctors but don't tell them you smoke dope! Or your mom!

3. You've got the flu/cold and it didn't come from your pipe. No need to mention it to the doctor. A good idea would be to clean your pipe sometimes.

4. For sure Visionary, I've just been lazy about it, I'm sure you know how it goes. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the two quick (and stress relieving) posts!

5. germs come from doorknobs and shit

germs can come from other people.. regardless if they're your family or friends.

But no lol not from ur piece.. scrape that shit off and smoke it. Feel better. :smoke:

6. I would think the heat rolling through your pipe would kill any viruses or bacteria that would reside inside it. I'm no doctor so I don't know for sure.

7. you cant get sick from a dirty pipe unless its moldy or something