Really really need major help, please!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Pokie, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Okay so here's what happened.

Last night I was sitting at the computer desk with my laptop plugged into the charger. Well guess what, our toilet overflowed upstairs and was leaking to where the computer desk was at.

I have a macbook pro 17" and I think water might've hit where the charger was plugged in at, because the screen started shaking and the screen was coming on and going off. So I removed it from the charger and shut it off.

Now, later, the computer still won't turn on. I really need help, this was my college laptop and I can't really afford a new one right now.

That being said - I was looking on amazon at other macbooks (even older ones) and they have some for 400 dollars used. And I was wondering if it is safe to order stuff like that from amazon.

2. You should try to bring it to a repair shop before you start looking on amazon. Make sure its not the apple store though. They will just try to rip you off.

3. Will they charge me for just looking at it? I really don't wanna pay money for something that cannot be fixed.

4. They should tell you if you ask. Just go into a repair shop, explain your situation, and if they offer to examine it for you and don't say a price then ask.

5. if all else fails you can probably get your current laptop re-furbished.

6. The apple store by me charges like 50-100$ for looking at it something insane like that. So yeah try to take it to an independent apple certified repair shop and go on from there. Good luck man.

7. sounds like it got shorted, gf computer.