Really philosophical while high?

Discussion in 'General' started by Catholicpothead, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Recently I've been really fucking depressed while I was high! I think about all the truths about how unfulfilled my life really is, I realize that I build up defenses to block out the emptiness in my life and I come to realize that I could be messing up the future with my procrastination and class-skipping.

Right now I'm sober, and my life seems fine. But then I smoke and i'm like...shit! And I see the truth in everything.

I kind of like the deep thought when I'm high, but it's been so depressing lately!

Anybody else feel this sometimes?

2. Yes! That's a big part of getting high is understanding yourself. That's why Cannabis is great.

It can be depressing at times, maybe mix it up and be with people.

3. Yeah man everyone gets it. If you were more nerdy in school like me you can even get into big discussions on how life exists etc. I don't really get depressed anymore so I don't think much about that when high now.

4. Damn, man, definitely. I just feel like I'm heading in the wrong direction: finishing school just to become a work-a-holic, fueling the machine I've come to hate. I am basically afraid of taking another route because of all the time I've invested in my current path.

"Marijuana shows you to yourself." - Marley. So true.

Good luck , man. I hope you figure out what makes you happy...

5. Oh yeah. The friend that I smoke with 95% of the time gets in huge conversations with me. Except I get higher than him, so I always have to ask him what we're talking about. I'm typically ENTHRALLED in the conversation though, i get so into it.

6. Yeahh dude, I can see where you're coming from

7. Like others in this topic have previously stated, marijuana does show you yourself.

Marijuana is your mentor in that sense, and ultimately it is your responsibility to cure your own depression by changing whatever is depressing you.

The founding fathers used cannabis and I'm sure it had a LARGE role in shaping our government's basic principles.

8. I discuss all manner of philosophy, psychology, and all kinds of interesting shit like quantum physics and shit with my friends when we get high together. I don't get all depressed or anything, however.

9. damn, beat me to it.

yeah man, ive been like that but you know what, i kind of started appreciating what it does, you see past the bullshit in life, and personally i even start to psychologically analyze myself to an extent, which lets you come to terms with whoever it is you are.

10. To this day (and I've been smoking over a year) I still find out shit about myself that I don't like.

It's those truths that you know are there but you somehow don't have to face unless you're high.

I'm happy for it I feel like I'm a better person for it

11. Holy fuck dude this is exactly my situation, from 7th to 9th grade I skipped class all the time (8th grade I skipped 70 days and still passed, my mom died though and I was really depressed) and never did anything. Halfway through 9th grade I just said fuck it and dropped out. Got my GED recently and I'm gonna be going to culinary arts school soon, it's never too late to do something with your life.

I feel like a fuck up all the time though, stoned or sober. My friend will be a millionaire by the time he's in his mid 20s and I'll only be making 50-75 grand a year : /

Fuck now I'm all depressed and shit lol

12. Lol 50-75 grand a year is nothing to get depressed about. You should have gone to community college and then to a university! You would have, and can still graduate from a university before anyone from the high school you dropped out of.

Always found that to be an interesting paradox. To drop out, immediately enroll in CC, then transfer to a university and beat everyone else. I wish I did that.

But yeah, I'm sorry to hear that your mother passed away. And good luck with culinary school.

13. smoking can help you understand things better, and there for helping you change certain things you are doing that you didnt see before. So though depressing its actually a good thing.

14. When I light up, I get depressed over the fact my state has mandatory minimums for people fitting my situation. I always think, "well it's just a matter of time before the door gets knocked down and I go to prison for 5+"..... talk about getting depressed.

15. Oh do you grow or something?

16. Haha, yeah.

I can relate to your thinking when it comes to smoking and going to negative places. Try and keep your mind positive. Realize how great you feel in the moment, because when you stop to think about it, that's all that matters.... everything that has been done is in the past and everything that has yet to be done lies in your future.

At this precise moment you are equal with everyone. It's not your 9 to 5 that makes you who you are, it's how you feel about yourself and what you think you are. Think of all the positive things you've done with your life and all of your positive future plans. Nothing is out of reach.