Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

really old weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Platypus313, Jan 28, 2009.

1. So I was cleaning out my desk and I found quite a lot of weed.
    But the thing is it's at least 6months old...maybe older (no older than a year though).
    It's pretty dry but I don't see any mold or anything.
    I know it will be harsh as hell and it will burn real fast, I have smoked dry weed before but will the age effect the high?
    Will it still get me high? I heard somewhere that it looses its potency after a while.

2. Hell, I'd smoke it. If it looked clean to me. Toke on a bowl of it and see how it makes you feel, it would be interesting to know about this mang.

3. #3 Bleezie_King, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    throw it in a jar with some orange peels and moisten it up

might just bring it back to life

4. I've smoked weed that was over a year old, still just as good as when fresh.

From what I hear, marijuana is good up to around two years, though it might get very dry.

5. Well... If it doesn't have any mold on it.. I'd smoke it.. Even if it has lost potency...
    My math skills aren't what they use to be.. But.. I think
    Less potent > nothing.
    =p

6. Actually, depending on how well the marijuana is preserved, particularly if it was in a mason jar or a similar air tight canister, it can increase crystillization which will in turn increase potency. However, if you found it an open baggy or something of the sort, potency will likely not be affected or will decrease a little.

That said, unless your growing your own stash, the weed your buying now is at least a couple months old to begin with. This is particulary the case if your buying mids or regs, which is usually grow in Mexico or even south of Mexico, and in that instance it could be several months old or quite possibly a year or 2 old. So old weed is relatively popular.

It is safe to toke as long as there is NO mold on it, and it has been my experience that it is usually a good experience ;)

7. smoke it dude...who cares if it gets you high or not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Didn't they find weed in a tombstone and it had a huge thc level?

9. Who's they? Can I toke with them? :D

10. Wasn't it like a chinese emperor's burried throne room they found and it was full of pot plants? I read that somewhere.

11. Not quite. It was a Caucasian and it was a tribal chieftan of a people who have since vanished.

12. ive found weed in one of the drawers in the office it was old but it had a free sneak a toke with it smoked a bowl it gave me a decent buzz but i just used it 2 make my bowls fatter was running low on dank so i filled half the bowl with that shit and the top with dank got me where i needed

13. I have smoked bud that was over 10 years old.

14. You gotta think, some of you reggie smokers may be smoking 2 or 3 year old weed yourself

15. Yeah doesn't matter, just smoke it up

16. I'd smoke it depending on how well preserved it was.

If it was in a jar or baggie I'd go for it, but probablly wouldn't if it was just lying around in your desk.

17. I heard Marley was laid to rest with a nice big bud.

Bet that girl has cured quite a bit.

18. sell it and buy good weed? :p

but yeah, should be good. If you smoke regularly its possible you have been handed older weed then that and not have known.

anyway, toke up :):smoking:

19. I usually notice that old weed gets kinda crumply and breaks up easily, roll some blunts or cook with it if u can. Selling it and buying fresh buds is always a good idea

20. Yes, weed and decomposed flesh, wheres the bong?