really obama!, DUID(Driving Uner Influence of Drugs)

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by stickey_fingerz, May 16, 2010.

1. This law is a little different though. This would be like busting someone for drinking alcohol and then driving (DUI charge), and then afterwards, going into their home and finding bottles of booze and slapping them with yet another MUCH harsher charge ON TOP of the DUI charge for "possession" of alcohol(equal to the DUID charge).

And yeah, the "possession" charge in my story sounds just as stupid as "possessing" THC metabolites in your system that still show up for weeks after your last toke.

Yeah, what the fuck is the point in asking Congress to give a shit about a law they will never have to face themselves? Like they aren't held to a higher standard...Please.

2. #42 natesnuggs, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    I am a victim of this ridiculous law in arizona. lost my liscense for a year and will be requred to install an interlock system (breathalyzer) for a year after i get it back. I wasnt high at all and dont drink. And i had metabolites in my system for 2 months after i quit for the random drug tests i was forced to take once a week. I was also required to attend 32 hours of group counseling for substance abuse. I was in there with people that blew 3 times the legal limit and were already back on the road driving to and from these sessions while i had to sell my car and buy a bike to pedal around town.

the drunk just runs the stop sign...the stoner waits for it to turn green

now you tell me who is a safer driver?

3. [quote name='Jumbo']
    This is AMERICA not some fucking Terrorism supporting, nuke building and testing in random places, foreigner killing, 3rd world country.

Minus the 3rd world bit, i thought that's exactly what america was...

4. and i have been saying this since that jackass was on the campaign trail......He is a motivational speaker and thats all. He wouldbe more qualified to give speeches at high schools than to run our country (further into the ground)

5. This is completely ineffective. What are they teaching people by this? That it is better to take cocaine, heroin, or meth because it won't show up on a drug test as long.

Even though my state isn't on the list, it makes no sense to discourage smoking marijuana opposed to other drugs. This is what makes kids think other hard drugs are better for them.

6. #47 JamesBonedOO7, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    I'm pretty sure they can never make the act of doing a drug illegal, but only the possession.

Now I don't really know american law too well, but I would assume this is unconstitutional, no? Certainly in Canada if you got caught under this law because you smoked like a week prior to getting caught, you could easily take the gov't to court and win because the positive test cannot accurately say WHEN the person was intoxicated.

And because you can't prove that, the Supreme Court would repeal the law saying you can't take away a person's right to drive for this reason (ie no reason)

7. glad i didnt vote for Obama. or McCain.

but i have obama smoking a joint with the yes we cannabis logo on my desktop, gonna remove that.....

this is bullshit and obviously slanted to attack pot smokers.

8. Why Obama, why?

9. Although im happy CT isn't on this list, im very sorry for all of you who have to deal with this shit.

Hang in there blades

Peace.

10. They can court order it.

Like I said, How would they know unless you were already high or had smoke coming out of your windows?

I guess they would have to profile.

Its unconstitutional.

11. well he said he wud bring "change" notice he didnt say wat kind of change.

12. Fuck Obama.
    Fuck The Government.
    :devious:

13. Wow of coarse Arizona has this shit. Everybody in Arizona who isn't wearing like a million dollar tuxedo is profiled as a smoker. Well I can only hope the MMJ bill passes in November. So then when a police DT me I'll laugh and show them my card.

Fuck you Obama. It's great so many people voted for him.

14. I can't wait to see the bullshit they pull when TC2010 passes

15. #56 sIlVeRpIsTiL, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    thats been the law and it hasent changed since obama hit office? rather your under the influence of drugs or alcohol your still under the influence(dui-driving under the influene) so its up to you if you could play off rather your drunk or high but lay off obama cuz it could be much worse. Not too many cops are gonna make you take a piss test cuz they have propable cause but duid or duia laws have been the same i have a dui for alcohol and if the cop that pulled me over wanted to be a dick it could of been a dui for drugs and alcohol a doobir was still lit in the ash tray when he walked up to my window...this is NOTHING NEW?

16. i can hear it now "this bill must be ignored, it endangers the safety of the public as well as the bullshit we've been feeding you for 70 years"
    im guessing somewhere along those lines

17. uggh, the original article i posted shows the difference between a dui and a duiD.. a dui is just driving under the influence, usually alcohol which means not neccesarily a 24 hr jail sentence, but the duiD conviction carries a mandatory 24 hr hold in 15 states that all made a law which are all listed on the website i posted a link to....

that law being not only dui, but a driving under influence of drugs law ALSO... the DUID being punishable by 24 hr holds etc etc...

18. Looks like my days of hotboxing on the way to school are over :(

19. florida isnt on the list..... if im reading the article correctly.. the only people thare in danger currently are residents of those 15 states.. obama is just encouraging the other states to adopt similar DUID laws....