Really Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JBrick2334, Feb 28, 2009.

1. So I am sure you guys have seen a million threads with this topic, but I hope you will still help me out.

I am strongly considering trying shrooms for the first time. What are the negative medical affects of taking them, even just once? And what can I look forward to/ not look forward to?

Thanks

2. No negative medical effects whatsoever, unless you're on any kind of SSRI, in which case you should cycle off the meds and then take the shrooms.

You can expect to trip. Be in a good mindset and a comfortable setting, and don't fight what happens: colors will become sharper, the walls might "breathe," you'll start having really deep thoughts although trying to form a thought yourself is difficult, your pupils will dilate and you'll just feel fantastic. You'll probably get geometric closed eye visuals. Take a high enough dose (don't, at first) and you might have contact with some entity from another realm.

Only dose if you're gonna be comfortable. If there's something stressing you, or someone around annoying you/upsetting you, chances are you'll have a bad trip.

Other than that, mushrooms can't hurt you, but they can teach you a lot.

3. be careful with that shit bro my friend ate a quarter of shrooms one time and he still thinks he's a glass of orange juice.

JUST KIDDING LOL

4. #4 Cameron8679, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
    Mushrooms are generally considered to be harmless and benign, much like cannabis. The only real risk the user may face is a bad trip or panic attack while experiencing their effects. A bad trip on shrooms has the tendency to make one believe that the world is permanently altered for the worst or that something is hopelessly wrong and can never be fixed again; basically, one thinks as if what they're feeling at the current moment is going to last forever, but it won't. As long as you're a stable and mentally strong person who realizes it's just a temporary state of mind induced by chemicals that you're experiencing, and that it will eventually dissipate, come to an end, and perception will return to normal... you should be all gravy.

I'd recommend taking an 1/8 your first time to explore the full potential of the fungus. It may be of some help to certain people if the dosing gradually reaches the full 3.5 grams over a period of a couple hours rather than coming up all at once.

5. I haven't had the balls to try them, nor the need to try them. Back in the day when i started smoking I made a promise to myself that the only drugs I would do are alcohol and weed, and I intend to keep that promise.

As a weed smoker, I have no trouble admitting there is some truth behind the gateway theory. If it wasn't for weed, you wouldn't even have been put into a situation where you had the chance to try shrooms.

Nothing I can do will change your mind, it sounds like you have already made up your mind about trying them. 2 of my friends have been diagnosed with PTSD after they had tripped balls.

6. Ignore this misguided propaganda; shrooms are harmless, sacred tools humans were meant to use to their benefit. A mushroom experience is absolutely awe-inspiring and breath-taking; they also happen to be a physically-safe drug, with very little risk for harm.

And I'll let you know it's highly unlikely to develop a case of post-traumatic-stress-disorder from a shroom trip; do you have any idea how bogus and ridiculous that claim sounds? Just because shit gets too real tfor someone on a shroom trip doesn't mean they'll come down with PTSD, unless their trip was actually traumatic. The majority are positive, the minority negative; even the negative experiences probably wouldn't cause any long-term symptoms of PTSD.