Really need some help ASAP. Sick valuable cuttings.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StaffOfPower, Aug 1, 2015.

1. So I have this strain that is really really good. I let the mother plant go, and Long story short, all that remains of those genetics now are two cuttings I took. One is nearly dead, and the other is starting to look poor too. I really need to know what's wrong with them and how I can fix it / what I can do to save at least one of them.

Here's my info:

Home made bubble cloner with tap water

15w LED about 16" above cuttings

Tips of cuttings are only slightly in the water.

Also... The cuttings were taken off of a flowering plant. It's really odd, and I really dont want to completely lose this strain. They dont yellow first or anything. The leaves just kind of drop straight down, and then it dries up.

What should I do with the healthier of the two remaining cuttings? Should I leave it in the cloner or should I stick it in soil and put a baggy around it for humidity and try to root it that way?

Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated. If I lose both of these, my only option will be to try to get a clone off of somebody I gave a clone to earlier this year. I dont know how easy the latter would be...

2. How long in flower? They take soo long monstercrop

3. My guess would be that your problems are coming from the fact that you took these cuttings in flower and now they are trying to revert back to veg. I have had 0 luck trying to bring something out of flower and reveg it....always dies. I wish I knew what the secret was to doing it and getting them to live. If you figure it out, let me know. LOL Wish I could help you here, but I'm sure others will be along who have some serious experience with this who can really help. Good luck! TWW

4. I've rooted clones taken 5 weeks into flower, didn't do anything different then normal. They rooted fine, but take some time to reveg and will take several weeks to start showing normal growth. I would probably take a bunch more clones off her, the more you take the higher chances of getting one to root. You could also reveg the flowering plant by leaving a branch or 2 with some foliage on it. Put it back in your veg area and wait. Never done this method, it does take a while though. Good luck

5. Using tap water could be some of the problem

6. Is the second clone rooted yet?
    Not sure how good of a cloner you got, if no roots cloners work better than just sticking in soil.
    As mentioned before tap water isn't perfect but usually doesn't kill plants that quickly

I'd stick it in some rooting gel(clonex, rootech, If none available then fresh aloe vera gel could help) then stick in nicely moist rockwool cube. Ph the water in rockwool cube though. Then wrap in a bag and throw under some cfl. I've revegged flowering plants but honestly no flowering clones.

7. #7 GoldGrower, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    I suggest making a bucket cloner like mine http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1327... it's cheap and easy to make and its maintenance free, so the conditions stay spot on the whole time.

I have used it probably about 15-20 times now and have never lost a clone. Some take longer to root than others and flowering cut is going to take longer but I'm sure it will root given enough time

8. Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I lost the second one yesterday. However, I contacted one of my people and he's going to attempt to take some cuttings of the plant he has (also flowering now). I'll pass all this info on to him and hopefully he will have better luck than I did.

Thanks again everyone.

9. Np man best of luck to you