Really need some expert advice

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 20fan, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Hope these pics are clear. 1st off,I am a total noob. I had a ph problem. My water was between 7.5 - 8 out of the tap. I was using ph down to get it to the low 6's. Well, they flushed the towns water system, so now the water is about 7 - 7.2 out of the tap. Yeah, I'm an idiot, I was using the same amounts to lower the ph about my last 3 waterings.
    I noticed some leaves turning yellow. I checked the runoff, it was around 5 - 5.5 That's bad, right? I flushed with 3 gallons of distilled water. Got my ph back to the mid 6's. Will my baby be ok? I'm almost 4wks. into flower. I noticed that the lower buds are turning amber before the upper.
    Since this is my 1st ever grow, I would really like for an experienced grower to look at my pics and see if there is anything I should be concerned about. I have 6 clones from this plant, so I don't want to waste my time with them, if this plant is shit. Guess I should have mentioned, it's White rhino.
    I have 2 plants in a 8' X 6' space ( I plan on growing 6 in the future). I'm using a 1000w Hps ( I have a switchable ballast) , Air cooled hood, tons of ventilation. Box is light proofed, as well as the room it is in. Light leaks are definately not a problem. My temps stay between 72 -78. When the lights 1st come on, I check the temp. Usually between 65-68. I'm using Fox Farm soil and nutes. I use about a 1/3rd recommended dose, every 3rd watering. Big Bloom and Tiger bloom. I'm also supplementing with Botanicare Sweet, and Sucanat every other watering.
    I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.

CIMG0601.jpg

CIMG0604.jpg

CIMG0596.jpg

CIMG0597.jpg

CIMG0598.jpg

2. oops tricky PH got you, as you now know you need to test every bucket
    I have the same issue my PH fluctuates wildly.

your plant is showing classic lockout, magnesium, nitrogen, potassium & phosphorus

you already flushed to an acceptable PH level 6.5-.68
    I suggest you feed with a general purpose fert with rounded NPK values EG: 10-10-10
    @ 50% strength with a teaspoon of epsom salts to the gallon of PH CORRECTED ferts
    use enough so that you can take another soil runoff test, to double check the PH

4 weeks in bud, she should recover, but expect to wait an extra week or more to ripen, she is in shock over this, she may not put on more weight, it maybe just wait to ripen, on the brite side, shes a nice size and you got some buds:D

3. Thanks. I do have some epsom salt. I put a teaspoon in a gallon for her last week. The 2nd girl is kind of scraggly compared to this one, but healthy. Same water for both, but it didn't seem to affect her.
    I thought that the tops usually finished b4 the lower branches. Seems the other way around on her. Pretty sure the flower time is supposed to be 8-9 wks. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good dank from her.
    Thanks GG

4. ripens from the bottom up, she knows what to do:D

5. Ok, but without the obvious mess up, how would you rate my 1st grow? I tried to do my homework.

6. its still a terriffic grow:hello: youll get past this

your stumble is part of it, youll always have an issue of some sorts, if your always growing, its the learning curve thats important