Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Really need some advice....

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by eur0k1d, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I started taking Tetracycline today and will be taking it for a few months for my acne. I was wondering if it would be safe to take it while still smoking pot? What could be some of the effects if combined? Help is greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. as far as i know it will have no effects im no doctor but generally ive taken alot of "meds" and mixed stuff with maryjane and havent had any like problems and stuff.

how are you taking this "tetracycline"?

3. It's pill form, two pills at once daily. But thanks for the insight. What I guess I'm wondering is if there would be any negative effects or if the pot will just basically void the medicine...I really don't want to stop smoking either :/

4. im not sure if the two are related but i had really bad acne before i smoked weed daily but thc triggers a totally different receptor in the brain than almost anything and doesnt effect much so im pretty sure you will be fine.
    im really stoned so im not sure if what i just said makes sense.

5. Tetracycline is an antibiotic. It shouldn't affect marijuana or vise versa. It will make you very sensitive to the sun, and you should wait 2 hours before taking other pills (vitamins, antacids, etc) and don't take it with milk. Take it on an empty stomach, and wait 2 hours before eating anything. If you want to be on the safe side, just don't smoke 2 hours before or after taking the med.

6. Either you have some experience with it or you did some quick research xD. But thanks a lot for the information, it makes me feel a lot less skeptical about smoking on this...:)

7. my major is healthcare related. ;)

8. Beware, I was on minocyclene (a similar drug) for acne and I know it gave me IHS (inter cranial hyper tension) basically high blood pressure int he brain that gave me headaches everyday and disociation(made me feel like a robot) The weed also contributed to that with panic atacks and such, giving me added anxiety and making the whole deal worse, but as long as you're not getting that one very specific thing, then theres no harm combining.
    handle the herb, keep your important things first, and you have nothing to worry about.