Really need some advice

Discussion in 'General' started by adonis361, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing okay in this crazy time. I could use a bit of community input, so let me jump right in.

I've been using cannabis for the last 6 years to help treat my Crohn's disease. For the most part it has been fantastic, but I recently ran into an issue that has me pretty concerned. I got a new batch right before the lockdown and about 5 mins after vaping (Solo II @ 335) I started having real trouble breathing. It felt almost like an allergic reaction (shortness of breath, increased heartrate, moderate congestion) and it lasted for about two weeks.

I noticed when I first got it that it looked a bit different color-wise than usual, but as I am color blind (yep, that too), I didn't think much of it. I just stored it as usual -- glass mason jar with a new humidity pack in a 65 degree room with no light. When I vaped it that night when things went south, it was only maybe a day or two after I got it. When I talked to my guy, he said he thought it was an anxiety/panic issue caused by the high THC sativa and said I should go for a lower THC indica instead. He wasn't able to identify the strain for me, but it is very skunky smelling. Now, I've been a pretty heavy user for a long time and never had any anxiety issues to speak of, but given all the recent craziness, I thought maybe he was onto something. Maybe it triggered something subconsciously. Anyway, I decided to hold off on doing anything and seeing how the Crohn's did for a while before trying again. Since it was a pretty scary experience, I didn't want to risk triggering anything and going through it again. It's been 6 weeks now and I'd like to try to get back on the horse so that I can get back to my normal diet, but I'm nervous.

Anyway, something occurred to me tonight and I went and looked at the stash again. I thought, what if that weird color was not just due to a strain change, but what if it was some kind of mold or something? Since I have no idea what that would look like in practice and my color blindness puts me at a disadvantage, I thought maybe I could ask you guys what the deal is. There's a lot of expertise here and everyone always seems so nice, so anyway, I just took a pic (attached below) and am hoping you can tell me one way or another if it looks 'off' to you in some way. I'm not going to use it again either way, but I also don't want to accuse my guy of getting me something dubious if it's not the case. He's always been a good dude and I don't think he would purposely provide a bad batch.

Many thanks in advance!
    20200429_235812.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. It doesn't look moldy to me but I'm not a grower. They are more aware of what mold looks like on bud.

We do have a lot of people who have smoked for a long time and then come here explaining weird symptoms that they have never had before.

Just go at it slowly to see what happens. Take a couple hits and evaluate how you're feeling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks like some pretty good weed tbh, definitely not moldy, but yea could of been high thc Sativa, some strains help with anxiety and some can do the opposite, if you getting symptoms from it best to stay away nothing like having the heart beating 100 miles n hour

4. Anything sativa for me has me in the sweats with anxiety...one time I was smoking some home grown amnesia and all a sudden it started just randomly shitting myself with worry for no reason then boom knock at the door like a fuckin Bobby I totally shit it then wanted to die lol.. was only the postman with my seeds haha...so yeh I grow only indica or indica leaning strains now I'm fine...I know it's shit man I never had this issue ever till that day now it's here for good whenever I smoke hazes or sativa leaning...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks ok,,,,i agree wit ur guy with the anxiety/panic attack!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'll try an indica and see what happens.

I hate to waste the current batch though as it was quite expensive. Any thoughts on maybe mixing it with CBD flower and trying to shift the ratio somewhat? Has anyone tried anything like this? I'm struggling to understand why the sativa vs indica concept would make much of a difference. In the end, is it down to THC amounts or perhaps terpenes or other cannabinoids? What would make the indica less problematic?

7. Have you ever gone to leafly.com? There is a lot of information there about strains and the differences in how they make you feel. I feel you could benefit from reading there.

There are other chemicals in cannabis besides thc. Then they have to take into consideration the terpenes. Indica just is more relaxing for the body.

8. my home grown does that to people. when you put that much care into a plant and get that immediate headrush upon blowout. most of my peeps don't smoke my weed. sour diesel and some unknown that was even stronger. is my weed like that $40 a gram stuff i've never bought? #soil

• Like Like x 1