Really need help with knowing when to transfer/pot size please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Swingnut, Jul 15, 2016.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Thanks for viewing,

There's a photo of my plants shown above, they're still in tiny pots as I didn't know when to transfer. I didn't know whether to transfer them to a little bit bigger pot or to just go straight into the 8L that I have. I could even get some pots that were more in the middle like a 1L maybe? Any thoughts would be appreciated. My lower leaves are going yellow too and crisping, is this due to lack of nutes maybe? They've been in light mix and I haven't fed them anything yet, although I have biobizz all mix which has nutrients in it ready for the transfer, thanks for reading

2. When a plant becomes larger than the container it's in, it's time for a new one. Larger typically means that the plant is wider and taller than the container itself and this ensures your plants should be slightly root bound which you want so the root ball will hold together well and not fall apart and unduly cause stress to the plant. Your plants should have been potted up into that second container sitting by the small one a while ago. See how your plants are very tall and lanky? This is because they're not getting sufficient light. It's also wise to top them a couple of times as they come up from seedlings (only after they're rooted in and well established) to increase the number of tops you'll get on your plant. When you repot a plant (anything but auto strains), start small and repot up in degrees. In other words, don't go from that tiny little pot you have them in to a 15 gallon container. The first thing a plant does when introduced to soil is create a root system. While it's doing this, you don't get much growth at all or water use. Only after it's formed it's root system does it begin to put on new growth. You have to leave them alone while they're rooting in and some new growers have a real problem "not doing something to them all the time." LOL They're plants. Your job is to give them the best conditions possible and then let them do their job. I would repot into a container a little larger than that next size up, but don't go huge. But they need topped so they'll bush a little bit. Go to the Beginner Grower threads at the bottom of the "forums" page and read the sticky's posted there. They contain the base info the new grower needs to know when starting out. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Potup now to a 12 liter pot (3.5usg) fir thats right a 12 week grow time

averaging 1 litre of soil/space per week

I'd use fox farm ocean forest with 25% perlite

FFOF is a hot soil no need to feed for 2-3 weeks either

plant them deep for roots to grow out the stems in about 10 days

good luck

• Like Like x 1