REALLY need an opinion

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by clos3tgrow3r, Nov 27, 2009.

1. #1 clos3tgrow3r, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
    1st grow ever for me.

Grow space is 7 feet tall 20 inches wide and 5 feet long.

My question is: to maximize output should I go with 2 rows of 3 plants (give each plant 10" horizontal room) or just 1 row of 3 plants (give each plant the full 20")???

Whatchya think?

and yes captain I have lowered the light:hello:

2. Personally, I would go with the single row of 3. 20" isnt that wide and my single plant after topping and LST is 4' wide, 4' tall, and 2' deep.

What wattage light are you running and how long are you planning to veg? Are you growing for just you?

3. #3 clos3tgrow3r, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    400W MH veg 400W HPS flower. Planning on vegging for 1 month.

4. If you are growing from seed, go with a single row for now. Get some clones started and then you could go 2 rows with a few weeks veg in a scrog or budsicle grow. You still might get more off 3 well grown manicured and trained plants than 6 smaller.

5. thats what I am thinking too go for 3 quality plants cause after all I started so I could smoke some high quality homegrown herb. Thanks for the advice.
    Just out of curiosity if I go with only 3 plants (2 are already there and are clones, the third would also be a clone) how long do you think I should veg/flower. keep in mind I have plenty of verticle space.
    thanks allot calehedron.:hello:
    btw I checked out your photo album and it all looks real nice:smoke:

6. It really depends on the strain. I let mine go 7 weeks before throwing into flower. It was topped a few times and tied down every which way. I am also using 2x150W HPS for flower. The 400W has a lot more lumen output than my setup and you will get much better yield all other things equal. I am confined to 4' of vertical grow room so I need short bushy plants.

Clones will mature a bit faster than mine did from seed. I would only go 4 weeks from rooting before flowering. You have plenty of vertical room for just about any plant you want to grow. Get some Bushmaster if you want to halt vertical growth and induce side and undergrowth. I found this too late for an unpruned female and had to kill her after she filled the cabinet in just 1 week of flowering, stretched like a madwoman.

Floralicious Plus from Gen Hydro is almost like Bushmaster (Kelp Extract with other stuff) except you use Floralicious throughout the flowering and not just a few days at the end of veg/beginning of flower. It slows the stretch and bulks the buds up a bit, at least thats what I have seen so far.