Really having a tough time here with ph

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stonehenge919, Jul 12, 2017.

1. My plants just aren't striving the way they should be. I CANNOT keep my phone where it needs to be.

Soil grow (2 parts pro mix, 1 part fox farm happy frog, 1 part fox farm ocean forest, perlite)
    pH stays around 7.2-7.5 I have flushed with lower.ph water and have gotten pH to 6.2 which is great but it constantly creeps back up to 7.4

Is there a speedy fix to this issue I am having?

[​IMG]

1499814310271.jpg 1499814325814.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. the creeping up of the ph is normal as the plant absorbs the nutrients that are available. just keep the runoff in the correct range.(6.5) to 7.2 ..it's good to let it "range" in between those 2 numbers..
    GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. no that could be potassium that got locked out of the rootzone due to ph fluctuating and then the plant steals the potassium it needs for new growrh, from the older lower fan leaves ....plant looks good though. I wouldn't worry to much about that as long as it's not spreading. just remember to keep that ph in the range ...it will drift constantly..just make sure.

GFP

4. My tips only on The one plant are still turning purple and eventually dying.... I'm not sure what to do my runoff pH is 6.5 but according to my soul probe pH is 7

Sent from my XT1650 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. soil probe? damn Dude throw that thing against the nearest wall and get yourself a real way to know what the ph really is ...if it's off then there's your problem.

GFP

6. #7 Homesteader, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Get a few handfuls of straight peat and problem should be solved. Most peat runs around 5.5 so you wont need much to make your soil more acidic.