Really Dark Shatter

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Canadian_High_Life, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Just a little insight I just made some shatter out of dry sift hash using rubbing alcohol and I soaked it for about 30 minutes at room temp. It came out shatter(like glass) but it was black with an amber Hue in the light. You can barely see light throught it. I think that The chlorophyll in the weed in the hash turned the shatter black because I soaked it for so long and at room temperature. Oh, I sifted the shit out of my weed so I'm sure the hash wasn't the most pure.

3. Looks like beef jerky to be honest

4. make sure it doesn't burn at a higher temp than normal.

5. its either poop soup (butane filled oil) or its sub par staring material like trim

6. Maybe its laffy taffy

7. It might be from some super purple bud. My GDP scissor hash is straight up purple. That tends to make it dark. If it's make with butane when you evap the butane if you get it too hot it can concentrate it a little making it darker and usually harder like hard candy.

8. I just made shatter a day ago with very old outdoor material (it was brown) and it was darm amber brown, but when light shines throught it's golden. I can guarantee theres 0 chlorophylle so yeah... just adding my insight

9. Apparently it means it was made with the whole plant, like how RSO is dark.

10. Looks like pull n snap to me. Bottom of the barrel stuff. Does it “shatter” or stretch like taffy