Really Dark Shatter

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Canadian_High_Life, Aug 22, 2014.

1. #1 Canadian_High_Life, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    I just picked up 1.5 grams of shatter & its really dark! I'v never had it this dark before.. But it still gets me pretty high!

Please post down below on your thoughts and opinions!

CHL

Attached Files:

2. whats it taste like? do you know his process?

3. Looks like it taste like poop, but I have had some not so bad tasting dark stuff back in the day. My guess is a trim run.

4. #4 Canadian_High_Life, Aug 22, 2014
    Doesn't have a bad taste at all, Hit's pretty smooth! 
    Edit:) Also when i put it under a light its a very clear amber colour!

5. Probababy just older material

6. Everything is a clear amber color when put through light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #7 Dr.Fumbles, Aug 22, 2014
    Trim doesn't equal dark, process of making it and quality of the starting material makes it dark.

8. Interesting.

9. I only say it because these are my trim runs and the only time it is dark is if it's a terpy strain(and it's still transparent)
    Northern lights trim run
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408730815.406218.jpg
    Granddaddy purp trim (a little darker) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408730836.371846.jpg
    Northern lights, GDP and sensi star mix(terp heaven and a little darker)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408730888.923114.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well sir, my hat is off to you. I don't make my own so I don't know much about the process other then the basics. I just remember I asked a dude at a dispensary one time why the wax was so dark and he said cuz it was a trim run. Granted thinking back on it that spot seemed to have some morons working there..

11. You will learn most people have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to concentrates. I mean I feel like I have no idea what I am doing or talking about most of the time. I just took some tips from the internet, a few friends and regurgitate that knowledge into my own product.

12. Im the only one of my friends who consumes BHO on the regular so all my info basically is learned through reading online and talking to ppl at dispensaries. Reading through these forums has taught me a lot but I have noticed that the majority of ppl talk out of their asses. Thats why I like this forum. Your guys product pics does all the talking to say if your full of shit for the most part or not. But I must say those are some of the nicest trim run slabs I have ever seen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ^^^this

14. I get dark shatter here a lot in Atlanta. It's shipped from Colorado and is always trim run or not purged properly so I have to finish it on a skillet and from there it's always primo. Sucks being in a non medical state.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Thats sketchy man. Imagine all the people who dont know its underpurged and just smoke it...

16. shit is old trim. fresh frozen gives amber colors unlesd its a dark indica which can come out darker.

but i have dabbed everything dark,amber,runny,shatter, and wax. co2 or bho to etoh.

actually got 2 grams of dark shatter yesterday that they cooked all the terps out and is lacking.

think im bullshittin by etoh cold purged is the best intact full plant extraction method that post extraction the cold purge retains al those terpenes these vaccume heat purges ruin. smell that pump fluid.

17. Is it qwiso by chance?

Oh man come out to minnesota.. People know it's bad but they still dab this absolute garbage blackish and sometimes brown looking stuff. Good shatter is 80-90 a gram if you can even find it most of the time. All my friends dab that shit and sometimes I don't even want them to use my rig for it but whatever, people will do what they want lol. But I believe in time there will be technology that will be cheap and makes blasting/purging good bho an easy quick process.

• Like Like x 1
  19. If I had a safe setting I could run my own stuff. Until then I'll purge whatever I buy myself every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. lots of things can affect the color of extract, from the source herbs to the solvent used to the method and time of soak during extraction to the time heat and pressures of purging even the amount and method of filtering..