Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Really Dank Weed but seeds?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MrGravityBong!, Oct 17, 2013.

1. My roomate got some weed today. It stunk in the top 3 or 4 for potent smell out the 300 pickups ive probably had.. Its looks super dank.  The thing is it has seeds in it. Like 5 or 6 in every gram..It smoked decent (kinda harsh) but got me ripped as fuck for a small amount.. Is it normal to have seeds? Ive ony had it happen one other time   :confused:

2. #2 Storm Crow, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    In this day and age, it is unusual! Back in the 60s and 70s seeded weed was the usual stuff.

I would keep the seeds. They keep very well in a cool dark place stored in a medicine bottle with a couple of grains of rice in there to absorb any moisture. You may not be in any position to grow now, but next year, who knows? Or a month or two before spring hits, tell friends you have seeds from some dank weed- and you'd be willing to do free seeds in return for a % of any harvested crop?  :ey:

How to get the seeds out with the least hassle- old hippie trick. Let your buds sit out and get bone dry.  Then grab that big wire mesh strainer from the kitchen, and a big bowl, or your biggest plate. Rub the buds through the strainer. Nicely flaked cannabis falls to the bowl, and all the seeds and stems stay in the strainer! :yay:   After you gather up the herb, put it in a glass jar with a lid. Add just a few drops of water, shake and rehydrate. Let sit a bit and check the moisture level. If it's still too dry, add another couple drops. If too wet, leave it open and stir now and then. Close the jar up tight when the desired level of moisture is obtained.  (PS- Use your finger to scrape the bowl after emptying it - there is often a surprising amount of kief stuck to it!   :ey:   )

Now about those seeds. There may, or may not, be a problem with them. :confused_2:

They may be from a "spontaneous hermie"- a hermie that has the genes to produce both male and female flowers under any conditions. Great trait for survival of the species, but not so good for stoners wanting seedless buds!  That is the kind you need to hope your seeds are NOT from - they produce seeds that grow more hermies. :cry:

The other kind of hermie is a "Stress hermie"- these gals hermie only if they are stressed, or are kept virgin for too long. (I am sure all of you will agree being a virgin "too long" is quite stressful!) These gals will produce seeds that will grow into plants that are normal females unless stressed. You have a very good chance of a large percentage of females, too!

And then there is the chance that an outdoor grower missed a male, and the seeds are just absolutely ordinary seeds when it comes to sex.

Granny

3. Thanks!!!!

4. Dank weed + free seeds ain't a bad deal if you've got some dirt...

5. As long as it smells and looks dank, and gets the job done, then the seeds are just an added bonus. 
    Some people complain about seeds, but that's because they're too good to pick them out themselves. Big whoop. 
    Also there can be too much seeds, but a few occasional seeds is fine! 

6. dank ... seeds. Which is it? It's either dank or it has seeds.

7. no lol i've had some straight bomb bubble gum kush and the absolute best ak 47 in my life and they both had 2 seeds per gram.

8. I was grinding up some dank weed this morning and came across a seed... first time in years. Its some crazy sativa so I'm definitely going to hold onto the seed!

9. Just because bud has seeds in it doesn't meant it wont be potent.

10. Sounds like your room mate know's someone who grows.

It's rare to find "commercially" grown weed nowadays that's dank, and has seeds. At least in my area.