Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Really badly need help from fellow seasoned folks *PLEASE*... unusual tolerance change

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PrinceOfTheCity, Nov 15, 2019.

1. So I will try to keep this short and sweet. 9 years of daily use, only one break which was 20 days earlier this year in May.

Now typically in the first 8.5 years of smoking, I would smoke 3-4 joints in a row before bed as my insomnia cure (I have it really bad)... obviously my tolerance had built up to that point. I didn't start like that but it slowly built up.

Now somehow, some way, my tolernace has dropped INSANELY.

I smoked a 0.7 gram joint which is not that large last night at 11PM, I am still high almost 24 hours later. I get lightheaded, sensitivity to light, even feel wobbly... obviously mentally slow. Say the wrong words... choose the wrong words. All the indicators that you're high/too high.

Does ANYONE have ANY experience like this?

Also previously if I vaped, I would vape 50-60 hits at night then KO. Now if I choose to go the vape pen route (i'm in a legal state)... only 4-5 hits and I wake up high the next day.

How could a 9 year daily user with only 1 break ever, have their tolerance drop THIS much?

I am so confused and don't know what to do. A T-break would only bring my tolerance lower...

I am very active, I play soccer, run, hit the gym 5x a week... 6'0 and 170 pounds if that helps.

Any insight GREATLY appreciated on this unique situation

2. Maybe you're coming down with something. Or maybe you should cut way back on your smoking since you obviously for some strange reason lost your tolerance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't think I'm coming down with something as I've seen the doctor a few times this year, had all kinds of tests run... I can cut back on my use and have... I only toke once a day now at like 9PM or 10PM and then not again until 24 hours later.

Is it possible many years of MJ abuse can cause this? Like cause my body to be FILLED with THC... such that barely any will get me very high? Isn't that the opposite of how its supposed to be?

Thank you for your time :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. are you feeling anxious while you're high at all? Anxiety generally makes you a lot more sensitive I got this when I went through a difficult period and my mind state was poorly and I just felt over sensitive any time I smoked, not enough I didn't still like it, it kind of made me feel sorry for myself enough to the point it made me want to try to do things to make myself feel better lol, I felt these highs were often more mind bending and heart accelerating but now I know it was where my head was at

5. Did you just come off a t break? sounds like you got so used to it then took a tbreak causing you to be more sensitive. Like you were expecting the old high but got hit with a refresher lol.

6. I took 30 days off in April this year, that was my one and only break in the 8.5 years leading up. For a few days after that I was fine, but since May I get really really blasted off little amounts of tree.

Last night I smoked 0.6 gram joint at 10PM, I woke up at 1030AM still slowed up. 12 hours of sleep later and still gone.

Could it be that after many many years of use that someone's body just is FULL of THC and barely any will knock them out? Does anyone know if that is possible?

7. I feel anxiety sometimes when I'm sober, but never when I'm high...

My feeling is that probably due to many years of non stop very heavy use of vapor , edibles, joints, bongs etc... all day every day that my body is just filled with THC... such that now if I get high it takes at least 24 hours to come down. Seems a break would do me good for this, but that would also lower my tolerance even more, so thats why I'm confused on if I should even take a break.

Maybe I should microdose?

8. i doubt its that. I think you just have a small tolerance. half a gram is alot to smoke at once with little tolerance.
    I still think you are just more aware of how it makes you feel, after quitting for a month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fuck i would consider that too be a blessing. Hopefully it happens too me someday

10. you def don't want it lol.

Half gram joint and you're out of your mind for many days. Dizzy 24-7, lightheaded, confused... etc.

its not fun and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I think my system is just overloaded with THC hence the sudden drop in Tolerance. I hope that in a few weeks I normalize. But I'm not too hopeful.

11. Theres something else going on with you. Thats not low toletance thats something else. You may just have to give it up. In 40 years of smoking ive seen lots of "life long" smokers get to a point in life where cannabis just wasnt enjoyable anymore. To be quite honest with you the majority of people i got high with 20-30-40 years ago no longer get high. Some just outgrew it, others got to the point where they haf issues and just didnt enjoy it anymore. Youre case sounds more like cannabinoid hypertension or something similar rather then low tolerance. Tolerance goes up with use, it doesn't go down

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That’s how I feel with BNW hash caps and I love it. Wake up in a cloud go to bed with the room spinning.

13. I mean it would be totally great if I didn't have a job lol that I have to be sober for.

The highs are amazing, thats not an issue. Its that I never come down lol.

14. While I def understand what you're saying here... cannabis is VERY VERY enjoyable. My highs are unbelievable, I love them, and have never loved them more. Thats not the issue at all. I feel great when high, all positives literally no negatives.

The issue here is, coming down takes 1-2 days at least. And that has never been the case for me, and I was wondering if that happened to any other daily long term users. If I didn't have a job I had to be sober for, it wouldn't even be an issue... being high 24-7 is fine with me, but that fact that I have a job is why I need to come down.

So the issue is not the highs (they are lovely and I've never loved them more or enjoyed cannabis more)...the issue is how long it takes to come down. Yesterday I smoked 0.7 gram joint at 10PM... slept 11 hours, and its 415PM today and I'm still high/out of it. My eyes are white as well, they aren't red.

The come down is just taking forever, that is the weird odd thing here.

15. Weird, I took a 3 year break and I still have a crazy high tolerance lol, but I have certain theories on why that is but cant discuss here

16. #16 BrewsnWeed666, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019

Lol there's no way you're high from a 0.7g J 24 hours after smoking it:rolleyes:

The only way you'd be high for 24 hours is if you ate a ton of edibles/was smoking constantly.. What you're feeling is a placebo/your mind playing tricks on you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Idk what you normally smoke or how consistent your stash is but maybe try a different strain. I been toking daily for 10+ years. Low tolerance is not a bad thing ;)

18. idk... I think I abused tree for 8+ years and only slowed down recently like 3 weeks ago... before that I was abusing edibles, vapor concentrates, flower, everything... even waking up middle of the night at 3AM and hitting vape pen 20 more times. Abuse for sure. Now I'm using it once a day just one joint at night and thats it.

I feel like my system is still overloaded with THC, hopefully slowly as I have cut down for 22 days now, my body will adjust.

I also wonder if these two factors play a part:

I play soccer 5x a week... I ran 6 miles Tuesday, walked 5 more, and played a full soccer game all in a day.

Wednesday ran 6 miles, walked 6 miles.

Thursday walked 6 miles, worked out for over an hour ....

lastly GF and I got engaged last weekend, and we are planning the engagement party and wedding etc.

so maybe a bit of these factors to?

19. I been switching the past 22 days before 90% THC vapor and joints of OG Kush...

last 3 days 0.7g OG Kush RAW cones at night just one a night.

but see the above factors ? All the cardio, sweating, and engagement party marriage etc?

20. I highlighted & underlined the part that doesn't effect you being high in any way lol unless you was smoking when doing all them they won't get you high.. you can get natural highs from running, playing sports ect but that's not like smoking drugs dude :laughing:

I've been smoking for 10+ years & been messing around with edibles for the last 2ish years & I don't get high unless I take drugs man:confused_2:, I've woke up high the next day when I've been on an edible binge or if I eat them before sleeping but that's about it.

Are you taking any other drugs at all? (Don't name them as it's against the rules lol) that's the only thing I can think as to what would be making you feel high 24 hours later.. or it's your mind playing tricks on u:confused_2: