really annoying...

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by The Third Eye, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. when i go in seasoned tokers you know what i see. not much, i see a bunch of moved/deleted remnants of threads, i would much rather have annoying threads than blank areas that take up space with no threads.

2. They're moved because they do not belong there and are often novice questions instead of seasoned knowledge. I suggest that delete / moved threads not remain visible but still occur.

3. my thoughts exactly

4. I also wish Seasoned Tokers and Pandora's Box were good again. All the two of them consist of are over run threads with more text then the Health Care Bill which will never get read. Attempting to read them isn't even fun because each and every thread is a spam fest of appreciation for this or that or something utterly disgusting.

5. i know i know, but something that would be really nice is a psychedelics forum, i've been yearning for one :(

6. If we still deleted/moved threads and made it so that the deletions/moves weren't visible, we'd be getting flooded with threads asking "where did my thread go?" :p

The deletion reasons need to be there so people will know why their thread was deleted, and the moved thread redirect so that people know where their thread went. ;)

7. I understand this completely, just don't like the view of it. Is there a setting in which only the creator of the thread can view the moved / deleted mark?

And, yes Third Eye, a psychedelics forum is needed and would not break any of the rules. Narcotics would not work and would break them all but psychedelics will do none of the sort. If anything the opposite.

8. I don't know if there is a setting like that, I'd kinda doubt it. But I don't think that would be a good idea either.
    Then you get the long threads where a lot of people are involved and it gets deleted and you've got a whole bunch of folks going "where'd such and such thread go?!" :poke:

I understand that it's annoying, and Rummy has mentioned that there may be some changes with the Seasoned Tokers forum soon. Maybe we can find a fix for all the wrongly placed threads. ;)

As far as a psychedelics forum, I just don't think that's going to happen. I don't know what else to tell you guys.
    Sorry, but it is what it is. The problem with rule-breaking other drug threads wasn't limited only to narcotics, there were problem threads about psychedelics as well.

Sucks that the people who are unable to follow the rules had to ruin it for the rest of us, but as they say... "THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!" :p

9. #9 Herb., Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    I agree with both of these although keeping the rules in place with narcotics was quite easy if done right. Doing it with psychedelics only would be exponentially easier. We have moderated posts, rules, and the report button. If RMJL accidentally accepted a thread against the rules, we can take care of it quickly.

But it is what it is until changed...

They're already asking, "why not this, why not that" about every five minutes so there's definitely no difference. I see nothing but excuse for the allowance of laziness and the pawning off of our thoughts and questions. The discontinuation of drugs was great for GC. The discontinuation of psychedelics makes GC worse than it was when drugs were allowed.

10. With the "other drugs" issue, it kinda has to be all or nothing.

You start allowing one or two drugs and people are like "well, why not this drug?"
    And with how many "legal highs" and various research chemicals or intoxicating plants there are these days, allowing discussion of just a couple of them or a certain class of them is like opening the "wtf, why?!" flood gates. :p

I understand you guys' point of view on it, I really do. And if I were in your position I might feel the same way.
    But from a moderating standpoint it's just not feasible. :confused_2:

That really isn't up for debate though at this point in time, so let's just stick to the issue at hand here. ;)

11. I would much rather have people read the damn rules and forum descriptions before posting.

I would much rather have people not make racist jokes (*cough* you know you I'm talking about OP) and other unhelpful, unneeded nonsense..

I would rather we have world peace.

You can't always get what you want.

12. i think people who take things too seriously *cough* are the ones who get worked up over nothing and start wars *cough*but nontheless the fact is is that most people will not read the rules and therefore you will have to fnd ways of dealing with that.

13. :laughing: Worked up? Hardly. I just call 'em like I see 'em. There's nothing for me to deal with. I'm not a member of the staff here, I just hang out.

Have a great day :)

14. yeah because seasoned tokers has become a useless section. and to answer wildwill's post, no i forgot i wrote that. Everyone knows that seasoned tokers is not working the way it is designed. it's pretty much failed.
    its obvious that something needs to be changed about it.

15. cool story bro

16. EVERYONE knows hunh? Sorry to burst your bubble here, but I think you're mistaken. Seasoned is what it is, we can't help it if users can't be bothered to actually read and follow the forum descriptions. There's nothing wrong with Seasoned that couldn't be solved by our users simply thinking a little bit before they start a new thread in there.

17. does anyone remember everyone complaining about what a shit hole seasoned tokers was? i think thats why the powers that be put dubya dubya in there..

keep up the good work WW, not everyone appreciates you but i sure do :D

18. Yes I couldn't agree more, it needs fewer misanthropic trolls, underage kids, and people who have no respect for SuperJoint's rules.

19. and this still going to happen. there are obviously more trolls and underage kids than you guys can handle because whats being done doesnt seem to be working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.