Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

realizations of a stoner

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dantheman52, Oct 24, 2010.

1. i find myself in a "weed transitional period." for the past year and a half, i smoked just about every day. i grew as a person and learned to love myself. a newfound respect for myself and the world around me started to develop. but after recently being arrested for having my bowl and grinder in my car, im faced with a mandatory tbreak till about February. do i continue where i left off after the drug tests and court dates? sure, it would be easy, but you dont get very many second chances, especially with the law. i think a better route for me would be to do something ive always wanted to do, join the navy. i can see the world, learn new things, and save money. maybe after that experience ill be able to move to a state where marijuana isnt such a bad thing. maybe then i can start where i left off. sure, it will be tempting to start smoking again after the court dates are over, but when i put it all into perspective i think that would be a dumb thing to do. any advice from someone whos been through similar experiences would be much appreciated.

2. no experience but my opinion is if you want tojoin the navy, which i belive is a great thing to do, see the world and serve your contry, then by all means do not let weed get in the way of that. there will be plenty of time after you have experienced life to enjoy the herb.

3. Well i'm on probation (what pisses me off is I didnt even get in trouble for anything weed related and I ended up getting ua'd anyway :( )
    and i'm not gonna be off for a very long time, prolly a year...
    but when I get off I am sure as hell going back to the way things were. No doubt about.
    I can't say this is a 100% negative experience though. I have definitely gained a new appreciation for the herb.

4. #4 squishy pancake, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    well ive never been caught with bud, but i have been thinking about joining the navy to:hello: i want to join so i can learn something useful and get out of the routine i live now thats going nowhere ( working, paying bills, smoking with little left at the end of the month, repeat..) hopefully afterwards i will have enough money to do things I want to do in life and resume smoking green plus the military perks will always help you out.

dont want to join to protect the country, really just for the advantages it gives because im orginally from canada and dont really like the U.S as a country enough to die for it

+rep bro hopefully i will see you there one day:wave:

5. ha thanks squishy. like you i was in a routine that i just couldnt seem to get out of. i mean, i didnt have a real reason to stop smoking so i just never stopped. but im not happy with my current situation, and if i dont do something to change it, then, what do you know, its not going to change.

6. good way of putting it. weed was getting in the way. not really because of what weed is, just because its illegal. four years of my life spent not smoking is well worth it if it brings me closer to true happiness in the long run.

7. yea im getting tired of doing the same shit day after day so one of these days im going wake up and say "you know what im going to fucking do something with my life" cuz nobody is going to change it for me.

8. i had a conversation with my friend today about propaganda and how it has effected people. i also disagree with it. you might see with i don't recommend the navy.

9. i think i see your point eric. im not thinking of joining the navy because i think its perfect for me or because its some noble cause. i really just think it will be a good life experience and it will help me get to where i want to be.

10. Innnnnn tha navyyyyy...

11. i also understand where you guys are coming from as far as going back to the herb. i feel like no one has the right to take the herb away from me/us. however, i think it was Plato that said something along these lines: "dont let emotion get in the way of true happiness."

12. lol. the navy...... but seriously. im not familiar with the navy, but try to sign up for the minimum time required to be enlisted. signing up for more without knowing what your getting yourself into really sucks, because you cant quit once you sign that contract. if you like it than re enlist. i myself am going into the army, than going to ranger school hopefully. fuck yea!

as for the thread, just keep your shit at home and you'll be fine. but if you feel like weeds getting in the way than just stop for awhile and join the navy.

also, when you go talk to a recruiter, dont assume what he sais is true. when you go to sign that contract, you make damn sure it sais everything you want it to say very specifically. dont be afraid to get in there face about it. it really is true that recruiters lie. A LOT. i have personal experience with that, as does members of my family, aswell as a few friends.

and about the navy, ships sink, atleast on land you can run away. lol

13. thanks for the advice bud. definitely heard alot about recruiters and their ways. my parents were both in the navy (not why i want to join) so that should be helpful in the process. and yes, ships do sink lol. i just hope with all of the might and money the navy has, they can at least get me on a ship that will make it to its destinations.

14. yea im goin for the minimum time required cuz i wanna get outta there and on with my life as soon as i can

and about the army, i would rather be on a ship in the middle of the ocean than on land getting shot and bombed all day cuz hosestly, i dont wanna die for the U.S

15. :) id say thats true of almost everyone that joins the military. some people just arent honest with themselves. but some people really do..idk who am i to judge. but like you, fuck no i dont want to die for the u.s.