Reality

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by RudeReality, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Lemme ask you, what is reality? Is it just real, cuz we say it is? But we also said the earth was flat. At that time that was the reality. But to be honest reality doesn't exist. We make up everything around us. Fact is only fact because we tell ourselves it is. Though we can't change our settings or bend our reality. Because we live in a set environment.

Now think of this....
    Time doesn't exist. What we consider a second is merely a measurement of something that cannot be measured. We set up all these ways of explaining things we simply can't explain so it may seem relevant to what "reality" should be.

Now if time travel ever does become possible in the future. We are living in a paradox. An alternate version of what "reality" really was. Our present is made up of the future's influence on the past.

See I believe that everything you can think of is possible. We live in an infinite universe with infinite possibilities. Yet we seem to just think we have a grasp on it. But we don't.

Tell me what you think?

2. Reality by its very definition is real. If you are asking whether all of our perceptions are a true representation of the objective reality (assuming one exists), then I would have to say it doesn't really matter. For all intents and purposes what we perceive is objective reality, and is incredibly stable.

Time in somewhat of an imposed construct, but it exists as a measurement if nothing else. It allows us to know when we are versus where we are in space-time.

I disagree that everything is possible. I believe there are laws that govern the universe that cannot be broken.

3. That govern our universe yes. But thats only one universe. Everything is infinite. To us its not possible. Its all out there though. Its not reachable tho.

4. [FONT=&quot]I mean because what if we are in simulated realities and we are only here to gain information through human experience? What we experience as reality right now isn't actually reality if the above were true. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]To fully understand reality, we have to understand what we experience as death while alive. Because at that point, anything is possible.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Modern quantum physics & molecular biology say that we do create our own 'realities' and say that we do have lots of responsibility for the world in which we live in. And how we experience the world and how the world behaves towards us.
    [/FONT]

5. Maybe this is the true enlightenment of all knowledge. To know that all knowledge is true, yet not true. Its not perfect and indefinate, so its hard for us to understand but I feel like once we do understand we will find out that it is simply all just a fabricated system we have created to explain who we are. When the truth is not understable, and that just not understanding this is what is understanding it. Its been here all along.

6. #6 livingsoul, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    I believe I read this previously
    at the duration I felt like answering 'What is reality' with 'getting there'
    'reality' is 'getting there'

and now I did
    it simply seemed to fit

7. How do we get there tho? I feel like thats just a question that kinda just becomes answered through experience.