Reality

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AliceInWondrBwl, Jul 11, 2010.

1. This is my first post so I figure I might as well introduce myself first. I'm an 18 yr old male who goes to a University for Psychology in the US. I've been smoking weed for close to a year now... I've always been interested in the unexplainable, not ghosts or other such things. More thought, philosophy, behavior.

To be in reality is to be living, and when one smokes one achieves a new reality. Are these alternate realities as to what we would experience had we not been high? As in if you were to look at a time like would it go straight or bend into a new reality? I feel as though when one gets high it is as if you are beside yourself, you can watch and feel things as if you weren't the person experiencing them. I find my mind to be easily manipulated when I'm high. Not that I fall for things easily, but I can in a sense have myself hypnotized. I can tell myself things and then they are. For example my throat hurts from smoking (I exclusively vape now, I am a runner/ track star ha) I can tell myself that my throat doesn't hurt anymore.

I'm not sure if rants like this are appreciated or not but I'll take a gamble and find out, thoughts?

2. #2 livingsoul, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    I basically currently believe
    with regard to 'getting high' from/ with marijuana

'getting high' represents moving and proceeding toward a different direction
    proceeding with energy and feeling resulting from marijuana
    proceeding with experience resulting from marijuana

3. Rants in this section... are always epic and when on topic (like yours) appreciated hahahaha. So are you delving into the idea that, every choice you make, is like a linear split into a different reality from what would have happened if you had made a different choice (matrix up in here today hehe ) Like.... reality continued in its signified direction, however what you chose to do, has taken you into a different path of your own reality? This is WAY too epic

4. I'm saying are we truly there when we're high or are we living a so called "enlightened life" from the normal. and are there different realities between 2 people alone when you can not feel and experience what they feel and experience at the same time they're feeling it and the way they interpret those feelings emotions and stimuli??

5. Getting high opeans up windows to new things and experiences. When I get really blazed I find myself in an out of body experience. I experience it for maby 10 seconds...that is something I find hard to describe. And that can bring in your idea of energies and the idea of actually being present while high or if our mind is switched into a completly different state of well being. The subconscious has a big role to play as it does with almost anything.