Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

reality slipping away

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by elecguitarplyr, May 1, 2007.

1. ive been smoking for a good 5 years or so.. and for the past few ive noticed that like life isnt up in my face anymore.. when i was a kid, and before i ever started smoking everything was HUGE and in my face.. now it just seems like everything is in the background.. but my thoughts seem soooo far away and everything in life, and conversations seem soooo far away, almost like a dream.. i just see everyone else living this normal life and things are so big to everyone... then when i smoke everything is normal and big again for me.. has this happened to anyone else?

2. I don't completely understand what ou are saying.

I know for me... I get pretty stressed out and things kinda pile up... and I DO make a big deal out of some small things... but after a smoke... that all goes away. if that is what you are talkin about, then ya... otherwise I completely missed the point.

3. no, thats not what i mean.. nothing to do with stress im an easy going guy life is good.. it just feels like im not me, just feels like im on the outside watching everything happen and im not involved

4. Sounds like marijuana induced depersonalization.

5. I know what you mean. For the past 2 months i have been sleeping very little and smoking alot 4-5 times a day. i dont feel like anything is the same anymore

More like i am just doing it i dont have any real control of what goes on in my life

Not sure if you can understand that i am pretty stoned now lol :smoking:

6. I don't know, I've experienced that since before I started toking.
    I think it's just maturing.

7. i know what you're talking about, i've been smoking extremely heavily for the last 3 years.

8. a discussion the other day brought one of my friends to come up with the point that when you smoke, you seem to experience life more than you think about it. extrapolating on that, if you've been smoking and just experiencing life for 5 years, not really thinking about/analyzing/databasing it.

people's sense of identity comes from what they relate to. i go to school, i am from india, i am male, i smoke bud. these are all groups/categorizations that can identify me.

when you live stoned, i think you live with the immediate picture in mind. you are always more aware of the now. however, if you can find your sense of identity in yourself and in the world, then i think your problem with reality will cease to be.

9. Thats the best way to explain it the way you did. Reality slipping away. Happend to me a couple times when i was heavy on the weed. I would stop for like 2 months and i would be back to normal. I told my self that i would never go back to that state in the heavy smoke when your like that. Its a shitty feeling i know. Just try to cut down as much as possible.

10. I agree just try to cut down. Its really not hard, just occupy yourself with things to do and people to hang out with. Nothing is a better antidrug imo then hanging out with your friends. Anyways I do know what your talking about. Sometimes I feel like I dont remember anything i've done in my life since I started smoking. Like it all just seems like one day and no moments. Ive noticed I go through differnt phases with smoking usually every week. I smoke about 3-4 times a day. And i've realized when you start getting stress in life outside of being stoned, like real life problems, if you already smoke then its gonna make it worse instead of better. I try as much as possible to NOT smoke when I am depressed or stressed out because yea you feel better for about 20 minutes, but your just making yourself dependant on it and it causes problems. Latley i've been cutting down smoking to like once or twice a day and ive been feeling better, i've been working on my car, playing soccer, goin out, and even if you smoke with your friends rather then yourself its more recreational than addiction.

Shagra made a very great point aswell.

11. I know exactly what the OP is talking about. It's almost as if you're on autopilot and don't really have to think about anything and can't even if you try to. It's an unreal feeling and is like being extremely tired mentally without any of the visible side effects and need for sleep. you can think normally but don't actually feel like you're as conscious as you should be. I pretty much enjoy the feeling, though, and it only lasts for a day or so after a particularly large smoking session after a long tolerance break. I only smoke 2-4 days weekly.

12. Perhaps your definition of reality has changed?... You've realized the fragility, and permeability of reality? You've noticed how unreal it is? And that you have the power to alter it?

13. i know what you mean, nothing really matters as much, and you don't really care, but kind of do, i however think my marijuana use has helped

14. stainer hit the nail right on the fucking head, lol

15. advor: yay lol

16. i can sort of relate. i'm pretty much a weekend smoker, but when i'm stoned for a whole weekend come monday it seems like that weekend just didn't happen. i know that it did and i can remember doing things, but it feels like i've been in some sort of alternate reality and not in touch with the world for that weekend. might seem kinda weird to some but those are just my thoughts.

17. Care to expand Advor? So others could perhaps avoid the situation that put you into that place?

18. thats weird... itoo (think) ihave that because i have depression. ifeel like my mind is controlling parts of the world without me knownig how to do it exactly. I have said to my self "i am going insane". just started medication and it feels a little strange. (zoloft for depression and focal to focus) like happy thoughts and smiling but it just covers up the true pain, like taking out the trash. i just started both three days ago.Losing reality? like today i saw reqiem for a dream and then i go on grasscity afterwords(today) and one of the top post say jennefer connolly is dead(dead). Shit like this is alway happpening to me. anyone esle, ifeel like i have figure out something like code to be able to control certain aspects of the world. like if i created it.

19. ive got the same exact problem its almost like you have two conciences an outside one and inside when you talk its not really though about it just comes out. my theory is when your brain has more blood flow from the bud it gets more oxygen and after years of the blood flowing eisilly as a result of marijuana actinc as a antiinflamitory(blood thinner) the veins in your brain shrink because the blood frows much eisier through it while high and after the high is over and your blood thickens up its harder for it to flow eisilly. i take ginko biloba, it helps blood flow to the brain and throughout the body and other herbs,teas and natural vitamins to help the body function to full capacity b-vitamins are important for chemical functions of the brain take those as well. just research on how to get your body back to the way it was,also a massive help is working out, you need to work out doing cardio breathing exercises help get more oxygen to the brain also. right now i feel fucked up i just feel fried as fuck from 3 years of heavy smoking. bong hits ruin your brain. and i quit getting stoned i just smoke enough to get a head change and i cut back ALOT. try quitting slowly wean yourself off of it dont just quit strait up. and take supplements to get your brain back to the way it was or near waht it was it will never be the same but you can get rid of the autopilot feeling over time.

and to the other guy fuck depression meds get off it ASAP its not going to help its going to hurt you trust me dude its all for money they get you hooked and thats it its a low dose form of E and it depletes your seretionin and after its done you have lowered levels. get off it asap ive read alot on cannabis forums about quitting bud and taking zoloft and shit and its not a good idea at all no benefits except the short term but in the long run it hurts more than helps.