Realistic Yields?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by knoxis, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Little information first then a question.

I plan on building a new flowering cabinet soon, 4'w x 2'd x 3't. I am going to be using a single 600watt hps, hydro style (SWC) with Lucas formula. I plan on growing two sets of three plants trained under two separate screens. I am going to be using a separate veg chamber with a 150watt hps. I hope to be able to go on 28 day cycle from clipping to finished veg (hopefully three plants can cover a screen in that time). Then I will put the entire res into my flowering chamber and start flowering. Then start the next 28 day cycle with new clones in veg chamber, a perpetual harvest able to harvest every month.

I have read many times, 100watts per plant is ideal, I have also read that 1 gram per watt is the basic standard yield of an intermediate grower.

So now for the question:
    Is it realistic, after I have grown this strain for a bit and learn it/fine tweak ideal growing conditions, to get those kinds of yields? 100 watts per plant, 1 gram per watt? Is 100 grams per plant in those conditions realistic? Seems a bit much in my opinion. That would be 300 grams a month that is almost 11oz, it seems like alot. What do you guys think?

2. I thought most flowering cycles were about 8-10 weeks long? And you're only going to give them 4?

And depending on the strain, 100 grams per plant is about average, if given the proper environment, AFAIK. If you're only giving them 4 weeks, I have a hard time seeing 100 grams per plant. Am I wrong?

3. 4 weeks for rooting and veg, then into the flowering chamber for flowering, hopefully around 8 weeks of flowering. I found another strain that is a little longer finished like 9-10 weeks. I think it would suit my perpetual grow better as I would like to veg for an additional week.

35 days from cutting to finished veg. 10 days for root then 25 for veg, after that put it into flowering chamber. Immediately take another cutting, let it root for 10, veg for 25, then into the flowering chamber. My first set of plants will be 5 weeks into flowering, half done. Then take another cutting, 10 days for root, 25 for veg, my first set of plants will be on week 10, I harvest them, move the other set of plants that are at week five over, and put new set of plants into flowering. perpetual harvest, what ya think?

4. i find that if you veg with an hps it couses your plants to grow long and lankey.you are better using one of these flouros such as a t'5 like this one below,i find i get better results then move to the hps for flowering!!
    [​IMG]

5. Metal Halide lights work well for vegging if you wanna look into that.

6. totally. see if you can't get yourself a conversion bulb if you already have an HPS ballast for vegging.

i'd say with only a 3 ft tall grow cab, i would be surprised if you were to yield 100g per plant. i've only grown twice, both times just a single plant about 5 ft tall under a 250w HPS. I yielded about 100 grams each time. never done the screen thing though, so i'm not sure how that will effect the overall yield but like i said i'd be surprised with a 3 ft tall plant you'll be getting 3.5 ounces on a plant. just my humble opinion though.... :rolleyes:

7. i dont think 3 feet tall will ever be near enough to grow in the way you want, scrog or not

8. I don't understand how you think I won't be able to grow in a 3' high space with SCoG technique, people do it with less... SCoG is a way of evening the canopy of your plant out so it all gets the same amount of light... It also trains growth shorter then normal...

9. i don't doubt that you can grow in a 3ft tall grow area. you can totally do well with that, especially with SCrog...all I was saying was that estimating 100grams per plant would be a stretch, especially with only 4x2 ft in the other directions. but hey, prove me wrong...i would love to see if you can pull it off (i'm not being sarcastic at all). definitely make a grow journal, i'll subscribe!

10. ditto.

11. Yea I would love to be able to pull 100 grams per plant too but I don't think it is realistic, we'll see though... gonna be quite a while before I get there though, least a few more weeks before I even build the cabinet. But as for the growing space I think it is of adequate size for my grow method. I think now it is just getting to it, building the cabinet and throwing it all together and see how it comes out.