REAListic graphics

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by FuckBeerGetWeed, Dec 31, 2011.

1. #1 FuckBeerGetWeed, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    WHy don't they make video games like fukin movied already? where if you shoot a guy it shows huge gushing bulletholes from his chest like would happen in real life and also when you hit a person with a huge ass sword it actually shows like cuts and arms chopped off or slicing in half. Like literally what would happen if happened in real life. one swing of a giant battleaxe in a game with realistic graphics would definitely take someone down and not show the person looking just as fine as they were

They're starting to do it right in la noire with the hugely improved facial animation. Now i dont feel like im talking to a box

2. sucks dude i guess you're gonna have to just go into battle the old fashioned way
    yaknow....in real life

3. Kinda ruins the fun when 1 swing kills your enemies. Granted, it'd be cool as fuck at first but then kind of grow stale later on. Tbh, my preference is towards the semi-unrealistic feel of games. Total realism sucks in games. Just try Road Construction simulator or some other game that simulates everything from a ultra-realistic perspective. Gets old very fast.

4. Imagine call of duty if it was real. You would start a game, a grenade would explode near you, and you'd get shipped to a war hospital to spend several months there, eventually getting an honorable discharge or get returned to fight the battle after years of physical rehab. REALISM SUCKS

5. yah with like calling the nurse to empty your bedpan minigames

6. And also the fact the much realism would hog so much processing power.

7. consoles

gaming companies have to spend money stripping down their games just to make them run on consoles

hell MW3 doesn't even run at 1080p or even 720p... it runs at 600p.

8. But PC doesn't do it eitheir. Look at skyrim you swing a giant sword at a dude and he just staggers back and then looks fine. at least they got the blood on the sword and the stabbing finishing kills

9. Besides the fact that current hardware can't possibly support this,
    -Most PC games are also released for the console. Since it has to run on 7-year-old console hardware, the PC version is gimped as well.

-Realistic animations take ages to develop. Sure, you can have them, if you don't mind waiting 6 years for a game. Same with textures. Takes too damn long to make things pretty, so they take shortcuts. Hardware doesn't actually limit textures that much anymore. It's the artists imposing the limit.

-Realistic physics take a lot of power. Ever wonder why flight sims run so slowly, even with shit graphics? Physics is hard.

10. I loved slicing zombies apart in dead rising. And doing the jump slash that would cut them vertically in half. :)

Realistic? No. Awesome? Yes.

11. Even if we had developed a simulated reality game, people would still complain lol

12. its not because of consoles you twats.

10 years and we will have photo realism. just dont have the power to render it in real time yet.

this is as close as weve come, but this demo was not rendered in real time like a video game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSGx4bBU9Qc]The Third & The Seventh by Alex Roman HD - YouTube[/ame]

13. The scanning objects into a game idea looks promising

14. I think I remember reading somewhere that they can make graphics that are very realistic, but they wouldn't be able to fit an entire game with those graphics onto a CD. Or that consoles aren't powerful enough to run graphics like those... fluently.

Then again, I don't know.

15. Maybe in 20 years when the hardware is economical and can handle what you desire. To make a game run realistically, there is a lot that would need to go into it. You'd have to have programmers working for years around the clock to account for every variable. Dynamic lighting, physics, environmental changes (rain, snow, all accurate tracks and imprints left in said environments, etc...) Realistic A.I., etc...

While those graphics would be neat, they're not really important. Gaming is meant to be fun regardless of graphics. They're not supposed to be realistic versions of different worlds. What you're asking for is much more likely to come in the form of virtual reality before console and PC gaming gets into that much. Most developers are just going to embrace new textures, body models, etc... Most will still make games inaccurate and unrealistic because that's what fun.

16. Actually, since most consoles are running on 7+ year old hardware they are spending a majority of their funds just getting games to run on their shitty platforms. They implement things like repeating textures and play with things like the field of view just to make their games look even remotely acceptable.

Console are simplistic toys that are made for children. If the same amount of time/money was put into developing games that modern PCs could run, then we would be miles ahead of where we are now.

Consoles run with DX 9 and most games run at 600p. Whereas most PC games are running DX 11 with a 1080p resolution. It made sense 10 years ago when computers were much more expensive than consoles, but now when people are paying MORE money for LESS it literally makes no god damn sense.

17. I have to disagree. The processing power of a console(say an xbox 360) was miles ahead of its time. Sure look it has 512MB of ram? You prob think fuck my computer has somethuing like 10x the ammount that has. Or its running DX9 and my comp runs DX11. Dx11 is still fairly new. These companies spend YEARS designing consoles that will last. Just think they have to pay millions designing these consoles. Do you really think it takes a year or two just to come up with a new console? No! They have to make the money back and then some to be able to come out with a new console. They have hundreds of thousands of people working on these and i'd imagine(from working in the industry) that each person makes an average of 40-80k a year.

For fuck sakes gaming consoles have been around for 40 years(2012 is the 40 year mark) and that was a fucking Magnavox Odyssey! Look at the difference we've made from then till now!

Look at computers, we went from WAREHOUSES to fucking boxes that you can carry with a single hand! Its all about time.

A few facts for you. The xbox runs a tri core processor. These were developed and produced before any tri core processors were on the market! We were stuck in the Dual core phase of things!

Also if you look at our tech history, we made a hugeeee climb from what we had to where we are at now, but everything is starting to slow due to the economy and such. But we also are getting closer to our limits, if we built a huge manufacturing facility in space, you could have processors(just from no gravity) 10-100x as powerful as we currently have.

Money creates greed. I've always lived by that saying. And considering that i look at people as we are all equals due to the fact that we either have a penis or a vagina, intestines, and urinate and shit all the same fucking thing. What my point here is that since we all are the same what does money have to do to separate each and everyone to make us feel either like we are "god" or "the rats that live in the sewers". In other words we could create a system that allows us to "upgrade". So basically like how we upgrade out ram and such. But instead if something dies(like a capacitor) rather than throwing it out and getting a new one, make each and every fucking component replaceable! That will solve a world of pain plus save each and everyone of us "money" sicne we all think that is the only way to survive.

God i hate money so fucking bad! Wish we had something else that helped us rather than put us in a shit can.

But over time we will start to see things change. Just a matter of time. The technology needs to be there(plus the stupid Disk/Disc world needs to finish and bring out the big guns....the 64GB encrypted thumbdrives).

Did you guys know that just having a kinect plugged into your xbox360 takes something like 50-60% of the processing power? Wait till a new console comes out and then we will start to see some amazing new things.

18. Because realistic games get really boring really quickly?